Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Enters Late

Hello,

I hope this question makes sense... When I enable my strategies sometimes they enter a trade that hypothetically I would have entered if the strategy was enabled earlier. By way of simple example, say I have a crossover strategy set to OnPriceChange. When I enable a strategy it will enter a pre-existing trade based on a crossover that had previously occurred and which I would still be hypothetically holding. In other words, the strategy jumps into a pre-existing trade late rather than wait until the next crossover.

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong when enabling my strategy? Kindly advise. Thank you!

[Moderators: I believe this is a platform question rather than a strategy question, but please feel free to move where appropriate!]

Hello gravityflyer,

Thank you for your post.

This sounds like you have the strategy set to a start behavior of Immediately Submit, Synchronize Account.

If you have this setting active, if the strategy calculates it would be in a historical position at the time the strategy is enabled, it will immediately submit any protective orders as well as a synchronization order to bring your account to the calculated position.

If you would prefer it to wait until it reaches a flat position, you should select Wait Until Flat or Wait Until Flat, Synchronize Account for the Start Behavior setting, as this will wait until the strategy passes through a flat position before submitting live trades.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Kate!

I had Wait Until Flat set as the start behavior, but changed it to StartBehavior.WaitUntilFlatSynchronizeAccount. Will let you know if any issues!

As always, thank you!

Comment

Hi Kate,

This morning I experimented with StartBehavior.WaitUntilFlatSynchronizeAccount but unfortunately it appears to still be having the same issue, i.e. its jumping immediately into a historical/preexisting trade. Perhaps there is something else I'm omitting??

Thanks!

Comment

Hello gravityflyer,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you provide screenshots of the chart and the strategies tab of the Control Center right after enabling the strategy using Wait Until Flat, Synchronize account?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
          Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses