Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGC 08-22 Roll Over

Hi Support,

The Instrument MGC doesn't seem to have many ticks feeding through...

I can see the current contract is 08-22... but looks like it might of rolled over but there's no selection for new contract in drop down list still shows 08-22....
    And from my understanding the next roll over is around 20th August and should be 10-22

I 'm also using the Bar Timer and it is showing 00:00:00 all the time...

Tried to reload and also create new chart all doing same thing....

Sorry for some reason I can't upload images ...keeps asking me to login....

Thanks...

Originally posted by traderhawk View Post
    Hi Support,

The Instrument MGC doesn't seem to have many ticks feeding through...

I can see the current contract is 08-22... but looks like it might of rolled over but there's no selection for new contract in drop down list still shows 08-22....
    And from my understanding the next roll over is around 20th August and should be 10-22

I 'm also using the Bar Timer and it is showing 00:00:00 all the time...

Tried to reload and also create new chart all doing same thing....

Sorry for some reason I can't upload images ...keeps asking me to login....

Thanks...
    If you look at the GC (futures) instrument settings (tools>instruments) and go to the last row and click on contract months, then select 12-22, it will show that the GC instrument rolls over 7/27/2022. If you look then at the MGC and also look at the 12-22 contract rollover it shows as 09/28/2022. So clearly the database setting is incorrect for MGC 12-22 contract. NinjaTrader will need to update their settings which will update yours when you log in.

I don’t know how soon this will occur as it may or may not have been previously reported and if not then when they see your post they will check and likely update fairly quick.

The current MGC 08-22 rollover date of 09/28/22 regrettably will prevent you from being able to see correct historical data if you open an MGC 12-22 chart. You will see minimal data and then the newest bar will be very large. This is because it is drawing a line from the previous contract to the current contract, after the large bar closes, all data coming it will be of the 12-22 contract, however any indicators you are using, if any, will be skewed by the transition bar. What you can do is edit the rollover in MGC 12-22 to the same as GC 12-22 of 7/27/2022, this way you will have a correct view of the merged and adjusted historical bars so there will be no large change bar. The next time you start up, make sure you check that your change has been saved and if not renter it. Eventually though NinjaTrader will correct this in the background.

Comment

Ok Thanks..I'll just wait for NT to update...if not by Monday I'll try what you said...

Comment

Traderhawk, GC volume rolls from August to December, skipping October. So the monthly sequence is February, April, June, August, December.

Comment

ok thanks for your information...it rolled over for me and is working...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post emuns