Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set a Alert within the Ichimoku Cloud

Hello,
    How do i set the condition for a alert, to be triggered when two lines cross within the Ichimoku Cloud? I would like it to trigger a pop up when the conversion line crosses above the base line and vice versa. I cant use the whole indicator but need to break those two lines out of the indicator to set the condition..... i believe. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    The_Sec

Hello The_Sec,

I've made a quick video discussing this depending on if you want to use the plot values from several bars ago (displacement on the chart), or from the current bar.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've been trying to setup an alert that triggers when the Lagging Span goes above Span A with no success. All my other alerts work, except for this one. Tried everything on this page and searched online with no luck. Thoughts?

Comment

Hello raguilar76,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

To confirm, you are not using Cross above with BarsAgo values correct? You are using two conditions for less than on the previous bar and another for greater than on the current bar?

You are following the exact steps as shown in the video but you are getting different results than what is shown in the video?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! I was not expecting that! The video (Span A crosses Span B) doesn't show what I'm trying to do (Lagging Span greater than Span A). I need to use "greater" as "cross" is not what I'm looking for and won't work for my needs. I tried all combinations I could think of (0, 26 BarsAgo, price instead of lagging span, etc), but nothing worked.

Comment

Hello raguilar76,

I'm not quite understanding.

The condition you want is "Lagging Span greater than Span A". You mean you want the ChikouSpan to be greater than SenkouSpanA?

So select ChikouSpan on the left, greater than, and SenkoSpanA on the right.

I also recommend you make all the other plots transparent so that you can see when the blue plot line (ChikouSpan) is above the green plot (SenkouSpanA).

Comment

I need an alert to go off when the shorter line behind all the other lines (Lagging Span) is above (greater) the cloud. Not sure how else to explain it. I've been trying variations of your suggestion of "ChikouSpan on the left, greater than, and SenkoSpanA on the right." (along with variations of BarsAgo, since the cloud is displaced) and it doesn't work. All my other alerts work fine.

Comment

Hello raguilar76

the shorter line behind all the other lines

Which plot are you referring to? Have a look at the indicator parameters in the Plots section.

Which plot, by name, do you want to be above which other plot, by name?

The 'Lagging Span' is the ChikouSpan plot.

You haven't mentioned any displacement. Are you displacing the indicator?

You've only inquired about one plot being greater than another plot.

doesn't show what I'm trying to do (Lagging Span greater than Span A)
                This appears you only want in the condition the ChikouSpan to be above the SenkoSpanA.

and it doesn't work
                Alerts only appear in real-time.
                Please show a screenshot of the chart with the ChikouSpan is above the SenkoSpanA in real-time.
                Make all other plots transparent so there is no confusion.

For your new inquiry that not in your previous post:
                is above (greater) the cloud
                The cloud is made of two plots, SenkoSpanA and SenkoSpanB. If you want the ChikouSpan plot to be above the "cloud" it would need to be above both of the plots that make the cloud.

If the cloud is displaced, you would be comparing ChikouSpan from 26 bars ago to be greater than SenkoSpanA and SenkoSpanB with 52 bars ago.

I've tested and this works fine on my end.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 10-27-2022, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Does that make sense now? I honestly don't know how else to explain it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello raguilar76,

This is not making sense.

What plot is the yellow plot? Please provide the plot name.

Your arrow is pointing to the cloud from what appears to be 7 bars ago. There is no yellow plot on the bar 7 bars ago.

To confirm, the video I provided you which shows triggering an alert when the ChikouSpan is above the cloud is not what you want?

If so, please use words and specific which plot from which bar you are wanting above the "cloud" on which bar.

Comment

Solved. The problem was the Span A offset. Instead of 26, set to 52. Thanks for your help.
                      Last edited by raguilar76; 10-28-2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Hello raguilar76,

Can you please elaborate how this is not what I demonstrated in the video posted in post# 8?

What are the specific rules you want, and from what bars ago values?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post drewski1980  
                        Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes