X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head and Shoulder Pattern Indicator in SharpDX

Dear Support,

Ref: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-identifier-2/

The subject NT8 indicator in referenced link was written by NinjaTrader_PatrickH in 2017.

The current indicator includes 2 separate indicators, HSIdentify and HSBasicDef. In its current form using the NT drawing tools method, the indicator is significantly slow and resource intensive and frustrating when used on a few charts at the same time.

I would like to suggest a revision of this really fantastic and useful indicator to render all the draw objects in SharpDX for efficiency, resource saving, and speed.

Perhaps, combining the separate SHBasicDef and HSIdentify into one indicator may also improve performance, if possible.

Many Thanks,
    Last edited by aligator; 07-22-2022, 10:50 AM.

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your reply.

Those indicators are a conversion from an article from a 2013 issue of Stocks and Commodities magazine and aren't an original creation. You're welcome to make those changes to the indicator yourself and post them to the User App Share, but these are pretty much translated as is and we would not have the bandwidth to complete those changes on the support team currently.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistnace to you
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello aligator,

Thank you for your reply.

Those indicators are a conversion from an article from a 2013 issue of Stocks and Commodities magazine and aren't an original creation. You're welcome to make those changes to the indicator yourself and post them to the User App Share, but these are pretty much translated as is and we would not have the bandwidth to complete those changes on the support team currently.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistnace to you
      Thank you Kate,

I understand. The original Version 7 was created by NinjaTrader_RyanM1 (see shared apps). The NT8 version is a direct conversion and did not consider SharpDX as an improvement. I do not believe SharpDX could be used for NT7 at that time. Perhaps, as an add-on would be a nice improvement when your bandwidth become available.

The NT8 SharpDX references are too general and the current Help examples are too complex, they cover several methods in one example. However, I would be glad to make these changes and share. All I need, if you would provide, is a simple example of SharpDX indicator to draw just a line between two coordinates to use as a starting point to build on.

Thanks.
      Last edited by aligator; 07-29-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your note.

I'm attaching a relatively simple indicator that draws a center line across the chart using SharpDX and then draws additional upper and lower lines at regular intervals from the center that may be helpful as it just focuses on drawing lines.

Another good indicator to look at for drawing lines using SharpDX would be the Pivots indicator.

Attached Files
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Anfedport  
        Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
        0 responses