sending info to a broker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sending info to a broker

Hi. I want to ask you, what is going on with sending data to a broker? I have installed another ram and cannot log in via Rithmic broker. When I install old ram - it is working. Can you type me why? What info does ninjatrader send to a broker and why? Thx

You mean you added RAM to your motherboard
    and you could no longer login to Rithmic?

Comment

yes. tonight I left my old 2gb ram but changed cpu. the same situation. the app sends some info about pc to rithmic server and it is blocking. i dont know why, but it is not ok.
      it is just in demo acc. I have not real datafeed yet. cannot find the cheap one)))
      by the way: this ram and cpu are from my dead pc where i had demo acc. so, they are blocked as we see. what else app sends to rithmic servers? does anyone knows?
      Last edited by laziest; 07-19-2022, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Hello laziest,

This may have caused the MachineID to change.

The Machine ID is generated using information about your hardware and BIOS and is used to uniquely identify the computer for security purposes and for vendor licensing. This Machine ID is meant to remain constant unless there has been a change with the system.

Items that can cause the Machine ID to change:
        • Changes to hardware (network cards, MAC address, RAM, motherboard, monitors, graphic card, etc)
          Changes / updates to BIOS
          Changes to the Windows Product ID
          (A low CMOS battery on the motherboard)
        • Updates / upgrades / changes to the Windows operating system
        • Updates / upgrades / changes to Virtualization software

For security, the MachineID changing in NinjaTrader 8 will result in any passwords for account connections being removed along with the NinjaTrader License key being removed.

If you were previously using a live license key, that license key will need to be re-entered under Help > License Key.

All account connections will need to have the username and password re-entered in the Connections -> configure window.

Below I am providing a public link to the Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage.

If you need your username and password resent, please contact your broker and request for your username and password to be emailed. If you are a NinjaTrader Brokerage client, please contact the brokerage at brokeragesupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

If you need your NinjaTrader Platform license key resent, please reach out to the Platform Sales team at platformsales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

Changes to the MachineID will also result in vendor licensed scripts not validating in both NinjaTrader 7 and 8.

This also means that the new MachineID will need to be sent to each 3rd party vendor that has licensed your machine for an addon using the NinjaTrader Vendor Licensing system. This MachineID does not grant remote access to your computer and is only used to identify the computer for licensing and security.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes