Historical Data / Market Replay not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data / Market Replay not available

I'm currently on the latest version of Ninja Trader 8, using a version / trial provided by Apex Trader Funding.

(I'm no longer with Apex, but my license key still seems to work.)

I started experimenting with importing historical data via the "Get Market Replay data" feature. I was able to import something like 4-5 old days of NQ data, and then play it back via the Playback Connection.

However, after those first few imports, I'm unable to connect to anything else I've since imported.

I've downloaded data from a few different days and multiple other instruments - I've verified the files are on my hard drive in the Ninja Trader 8/db/replay folder.

But when I connect to Playback Connection, either the days I've downloaded Market Replay data for aren't available to choose from

-or-

The day(s) are available, but not the instrument. (e.g. - I downloaded both NQ and ZB data for a particular date, but only NQ data will be replayed).

At the same time, NQ data is available to replay that I never downloaded / imported in the first place.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks

Hello mattywig,

Can you please right click in the Playback control window and select 'Show Available Data'. This will open a new window that shows all data that is present. If 'Market Replay' is enabled in the Playback control window, it will use Market Replay data to replay the market. If 'Historical' is enabled, it will use historical tick data to replay the market. Could it be you don't have data present for the instruments and times in question?

You can download Market Replay data at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Get Market Replay data (while disconnected from the Playback connection) as you mention. Historical tick data can be downloaded at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Download when connected to a broker/data feed that offers the requested historical tick data.

If you select the NQ or ZB in a SuperDOM or T&S window, do you receive realtime data there (does the last traded price change)?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 10:57 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
    7 responses