Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data not loading whole day only from the time when I log into NT8 .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data not loading whole day only from the time when I log into NT8 .

Hi . I trade the close of the ES ( In Australia ) . When I logged in today it will not load the whole day data only from the time I logged in . I cannot see what has happened from the last 24 hrs or from when I last shut down yesterday morning . I restarted the whole computer . No Change . Have not altered any settings . Never had this happen before . Got me stumped any ideas . I have restarted NT8 three times and every time the candles only show from when I logged in . I am on a 2000 tick chart .
    Last edited by namias; 07-18-2022, 01:38 PM.

Hello namias,

Thank you for writing in.

What Broker or Market Data provider are you connecting to for Live and Historica Market data?

What happens if you right-click on the chart and select "Reload all historical data"?

What if you switch to a 1-minute chart for the ES 09-22? Does the 1-minute chart load in as expected?

If you look in the Control Center > Log tab, do you see any errors that explain what is happening?

If the chart is still not loading in, please answer the questions above along with send us a screenshot of the Chart Window with the Chart Trader panel open.
    • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
    • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
    • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
    • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
    • Please click here for a video demonstration

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK I hit reload all historical data and every thing from today on my chart has disappeared and it is only showing from me now the ticks from hitting the reload data . Like 1 min ago .
      Last edited by namias; 07-18-2022, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Changing to minutes makes no difference . All my charts the same . 30 min and NQ . Don't know how to tell who who supplies my data . I have a lifetime license

Comment

I log in through NT continuum . If that helps .

Comment

Oh There we go . I just restarted NT for the 5th time and all the data is there . Must have been a fault with the provider .

Comment

I am experiencing the same issue today. At first I almost did not notice because the bar type I use is different. But then when I was looking at a tick chart there is an obvious gap. And when I went back to the chart I normally use with the special bar type I use I also see the data/time gap there. I am missing lot of data following close on 7/15. So there is not data for overnight last night. I also use NinjaTrader Continuum as my data provider. When I switch to minute chart no data for today at all. I logged out and back in again but it made no difference. I did get a Windows notice that various .ncd files were being deleted from OneDrive. I have seen that before but it never affected my charts until today with all showing missing data in particular following 7/15. Seeing this across many instruments - ES, YM, NQ.

Comment

Hello namias,

Thank you for the updates.

Please make sure you are using the most recent version of NinjaTrader 8, version 8.0.26.1 at the time of this response.
                • Go to the Control Center > Help > About, if you are not using version 8.0.26.1, please use the steps below to update your NinjaTrader platform:
                  • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                  • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  • Enter your license key and press Submit
                  • Select 'Download'
                  • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

After updating, go to the Control Center > Connections > What is the green circle next to? We need to know what broker or market data provider you are connecting to for us to know what kind of market data is expected from the connection. It would also allow us to test this on our own PC and compare results.
                • Who are you connecting to in this list?
                • What connection is the Green Circle next to?
                • Who is your Broker?
                  • Please remember the Forum is publicly visible, so do not share any private or personal information here.

The chart you are using has a few different 3rd party add-ons within it and I would like to do a test to make sure they are not affecting how the charts load in.

Please perform the following test:
                • Go to the Control Center > New > Chart
                • Select the ES 09-22
                • Make it a 1-minute chart
                • Set the 'Days to load' to 5
                • Make sure 'Template' in the top-right corner is set to < None >
                • Set the Time frame > Trading hours > To "Default 24x7"
                • Click OK to make the chart
                • Does this chart load in as expected?
                • If you open the Chart Trader panel, does it show values for the Ask and Bid quotes or just 0's?
                • Does the missing data show on this chart?
                  • If this chart is working as expected, how is it different from the other charts?

If the gap is still showing, we will need to know who the broker/market data provider is that you are connecting to so we can try and see if we experience the same gap. If there is a gap in the Historical data on our servers than we could look into it further. If there is a gap in the Historical Data being provided by another Broker/Market data provider, we would want to know so that we are aware of the gap.

Please let us know if the gap persists after performing the changes and tests above.

Comment

Originally posted by namias View Post
                  Oh There we go . I just restarted NT for the 5th time and all the data is there . Must have been a fault with the provider .
                  I decided to restart my computer as well and now I'm also finally seeing all the missing data, both with minute and tick charts as well as with the custom bar type I use. So odd, never had such missing data issue before! Wasn't helping to just close and restart NT8 either, had to totally reboot my PC.

Comment

Hello snyc09 and namias,

Thank you for the update.

We have found that one of our Historical Data Servers is missing historical data for most future instruments so we are in the process of taking it down to backfill the information.

Until we have been able to complete the process, please restart your NinjaTrader platform and try to connect to market data again.
                    • Once connected, right-click on the chart and select "Reload all historical data"
                    • If the data still isn't loading in, repeat the process above until it connects to a different Historical Data Server and the chart fills in.

Unfortunately, there is no way to specify the Historical Data Server so you will have to repeat the process above until you connect to a different server.

Once we have been able to take it down and backfill the information, this will no longer be an issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Comment

All Good today . Every thing loaded as it should . Thanks for the fast reply and information

Comment

thanks solved my problem
                        same deal with CQG
                        no reply from Support after 4 emails
                        updated and reloaded until it filled,, ,,,,, whats up NT,,,,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post llanqui
                        by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes