Charts not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not loading

Hello, I am able to log into my accounts via Ninja Trader, but when I load a chart, nothing is populating in the chart window. I have tried changing the instrument and the time frames, still nothing loads. This has happened before for a brief time, then worked again. It has been since yesterday afternoon I have had this problem now. It does not seem to be correcting itself. Any suggestions on how to fix or why this is happening?
    Thx

Hello Kahuhakana,

Thank you for the note.

Do you use multiple connections? If you have multiple connections, either connect to the one you want the market data from first, or define the Preferred data by provider in the Options menu:
    Now, please perform the following test:
    • Go to the Control Center > New > Chart
    • Select the ES 09-22
    • Make it a 1-minute chart
    • Set the 'Days to load' to 5
    • Make sure 'Template' in the top-right corner is set to < None >
    • Set the Time frame > Trading hours > To "Default 24x7"
    • Click OK to make the chart
    • Does this chart load in as expected?
    • Is this chart moving?
    • If you open the Chart Trader panel, does it show values for the Ask and Bid quotes or just 0's?
      • If this chart is working but the others aren't, how are they different?
    If the charts are still not loading or moving, please use the steps below to reset the instruments:
    • First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    • Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    • In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    • Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

If the Test chart is still not loading in or moving, please take a screenshot of the entire chart and include it in your response.
    • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
    • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
    • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
    • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
    • Please click here for a video demonstration
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Clayton,
      I guess I have a similar issue.
      I followed all your steps, and attach a snapshot.

Please note that I used Kinetic data for some time, but that I cancelled the subscription, and went back to Interactive Brokers data.
      I changed the prefered data settings to IB.
      The connection with IB seems to work, as I can see my portfolio in NT.

Thanks for checking,
      Dennis Click image for larger version

Name:	NT chart.jpg
Views:	3796
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1251380

Comment

One thing that can happen with IB data (and I'm not saying that's the issue here, but...) is that they can throttle the API connection if there are too many historical requests. You're loading 5 days of 1-minute bars which isn't a lot, but if there are other charts opening at the same time in the same workspace, the totality of the data requests might be too much for IB. Does this work if you just open the one chart by itself (starting up in a clean, empty workspace) without opening anything else? Do you have any error messages in your Log tab? Did you modify the instrument definition for FDAX by chance?
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your message.
          I did it with a new workspace, only this chart opening.
          So I checked the log, which I attach here. The orange line/error about the time, that came up once I opened the FDAX chart. Not sure about changes, as I set things up about 4 years ago, but I attached the settings here.

Thank you,
          Dennis
          Attached Files

Comment

The message aboiut the wrong format of the end time seems like it might be an incompatible version of TWS. What TWS version is this? Did you check the NinjaTrader recommendations for TWS?

Follow the instructions exactly at the desktop integration guide for IB: https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US
            Bruce DeVault
            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello DeeTee,

Thank you for the messages.

While this is a similar issue to the original inquiry, it is most likely happening for different reasons than the initial post on this thread.

As QuantKey_Bruce has suggested, you will want to make sure you are on the specific version of Trader Workstation and NinjaTrader as specified by the Interactive Brokers - NinjaTrader Connection guide that was posted above.

Make sure NinjaTrader is updated to a supported version:

Please begin by making sure you are using the most recent version of NinjaTrader 8.1.1.5.
              • Go to the Control Center > Help > About
              If you are not using the version specified above, please use the steps below to update your platform:
              • Login into the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
              • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
              • Next select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" Window in the main screen
              • Once the installation had downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.
                • Note: You may need to locate this in your "Downloads" folder in a Windows File Explorer
              After the installation package is completed you will be able to log into NinjaTrader Desktop with the connection guide linked below.
              Make sure you are using the supported version of Trader Workstation:

​When using an Interactive Brokers account to connect to NinjaTrader, you must use the version of Trader Workstation or IB Gateway that is specified within the NinjaTrader — Interactive Brokers Connection Guide seen below:
              Once you have the version of Trader Workstation or IB Gateway as specified above, connect to your account within TWS or IB Gateway.
              • After you are connected in TWS or IB Gateway, you are then able to connect to the account within NinjaTrader.

From here connect to your account and test if the charts are updating.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​
              Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bruce, Clayton,

An update of the NT version fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help
                Dennis

Comment

does not work today since 3 hours.
                  Charts are just loading, but never load up!

Comment

Same here. Platform has been down most of the day. Getting all sorts of error messages. Contacted support hours ago but no response. Other traders having problems as well. I wish Ninja would at least admit there's something going on with the platform.

Comment

It's too bad they don't have a protocol to send out an email to all users when this happens. Took me over an hour to find out that everyone else is having the same problem. Would be the polite thing to do!

Comment

Hello,
                        Thank you for your post.

Yesterday we had an outage to our Historical Data Servers, which we have since resolved. Please restart your system to successfully reconnect to a historical data server.​
                        Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm having a similar problem, I'm able to load ES and YM, however, If I try to load any Forex pair or Gold, the chart will not load, I follow all the instructions on this post with no luck, any suggestions?

Comment

Hello cajina​,
                            Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN ADRIAN'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thank you in advance; we look forward to resolving this item.​
                            Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post JoMoon2024  
                            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes