Clear All

Resolve Ninja Script error

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-12 112235.png
Views:	238
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	1208237
    \
    Hi I have upgraded to the latest ninja 8, and it seem some of my previous indicator scripts are causing error. see attached image. Need help with resolving the error to import new indicators. thanks for any pointers.

I have emailed support, it seems the time delay is pretty long, first time trying out this forum. Hopefully, its faster.

thanks very much in advance!​

Hello MagicYing,

Thank you very much for your post.

We can only apologize for the delay you are currently experiencing with our replies.

To improve our customer service experience, we are currently implementing various new systems that will allow us to get back to all our clients faster. Within the coming days, we should return to the regular response times you are used to. Thank you very much for your patience in the meantime.

Regarding this error; Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling an indicator. This will allow you to debug the faulty indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu > select NinjaScript Editor
    • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder.

You can then select the file with a left-click > right click on the object > then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
    If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column) to our Client Services team at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:I look forward to your reply!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Manfred, for the very detailed steps by step instructions. will follow these... thanks so much

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post cre8able  
      Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post manitshah915