Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading account link through NT windows

Hello
    I have workspace with few windows with different timeframes in each.( I suppose this is pretty usual approach).
    So, there is a possibility to link windows togerther with Instrument Link (e.g same instrument with different timeframes).. or Interval Link (e.g. same interval, different instruments).
    But one important thing is missed - Account Link.
    I would have possibility to change ChartTrader account in one window and see same account in other windows too. Otherwise, any time I wish to use different account I have to jump over through all the windows and change the account.
    Is there such possibility ? Or this is a fearure which requires development ?

thanks
    Andrei

Hi Andrei, did you ever get a solution to this? Same problem here multiple charts on multiple monitors some with ChartTrader showing, some with ChartTrader OFF, and some with ChartTrader HIDDEN. NT Support tels me that to write an indicator or other script to iterate thrtu all charts (in current workspace) and --for instance -- change them all from account 'Sim3Wed' to account 'Sim4Thu', I'd have to know some very advanced WINDOWS programming concepts. But I don't have those skills.

My second thought -- which MIGHT be easier -- is just to iterate thru all charts, and if a chart has ChartTrader HIDDEN, then change it to the visible ChartTrader. That way I could at least "see" all charts that I need to manually change the account on; and I could re-hide those ChartTraders that I didn't need to always be displayed.

This approach is not as good as I'd like, but PERHAPS might be more easily accomplished from a coding perspective. I guess it could be an indicator or something -- don't know for sure. Any ideas? Or have you given up and moved on since July 2022? Thanks, -Bill-

Comment

Hello Bill.. as you may see no one reacted on my question .. So I given up.
      I hav not tried to implement the indicator you mentioned, just have no time for such a ****.
      I am looking alternative to escape from NT as its usability features and ergonomic left somewhere back in the beginning of 2000nds, and it doesn’t look that NT team has any intent to change ir.
      As soon as I find a prop firm which does funding with TradingView, I trash NT and forget.

Andrei

Comment

Hello Andrei and Bill,

My personal opinion is that NinjaTrader is a good Platform overal. It's pretty capable, effective and reliable. It's not perfect for sure, but nothing really is.

The problem you describe is something minor in my opinion, and not enough as a reason to leave NinjaTrader.

The other more general problem with the old-fashioned feel and look of the Platform is more serious, and I think most users would agree.
        We all are dealing every day with modern applications, like Windows 11, Office, modern browsers, modern online platforms and we all can see
        the great difference when we open NinjaTrader : The user-interface is like having a Time Travel back to 2000 decade !

I think NinjaTrader developers should upgrade the look of the Platform, to meet the modern standards, and name it NinjaTrader 9, maybe !
        Last edited by KonstantinosNT; 01-12-2023, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Well.. the decision to leave is not related to the problem of the thread and of course I agree that fucntionality that NT gives for scripting, backtesting, analyzes etc is brilliant.. I probably don't even use a quater of all capabilities.
          But those which I use from the usability and user experience prospective implemented so ugly and illogical and inconvenient that kill all the pleasure to work with the platfrom.
          Often catched myself in feeling that instead of focusing on price action and trading itself, I waste so much energey and attention to dig through all this multilayer settings.. sometime, especially after TradingView experience, it cause so much negative that I simply close the terminal and do not return to it for some while.

I believe that simple, tiny manupulation while charting, drawing should be implemented in a very simplistic transparent manner for the user which he(she) may use with minot change of focuse.. quicj and painless . Otherwise t looks like when you need to change your car gear from D ro R you might need to stop, to go out, to switch something under the hud, then return and continue to do what you was going to do.. in case you still remeber what was it. ..

As for NT9.. how old the NT8 is ? Over 6 years since it was released. 6!! years !!..
          They always adding some strange featues which used by minority of users and completely ignore things which 100% of users use every day, evey minute and every second while work with the platfrom.
          Someone may say -ah.. you don't understand this is professional instrument for professional traders who don't care about all this glamurus things.. they need heavy hummer and not manucure tweezers.. but who said that the professional instrument sholdnt be well designed and make a pleasure to hold in hands ? ahh ?​

Well.. it's just a scream in the desert.. nobody cares.

Take care
          Andrei

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM