Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not open NT8 / Unable to open log file.... error

Hello,

There is one strategy that when it has run, it prevents NT8 from restarting. I have the following error and I have to restart the computer. I tried to delete the log files mentioned in the error window but again if I use the strategy then NT8 won't restart showing the error again... I attach a picture with the error message. Thanks for your help.

Attached Files

Hello roblogic,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This message indicates that NinjaTrader is unable to accessing and writing to it's own log files, which is preventing it from opening. Generally, we see this with security or firewall software blocking NinjaTrader's file access. However, I can see from the message that you are using NinjaTrader via virtualization software on a Mac and you do not the virtualization software configured properly for use with NinjaTrader.

The above entry confirms that Parallels is currently configured to share files between your Mac and the Windows virtualization. These need to be fully separate for NinjaTrader to work properly, because the user data directory needs to be on a local Windows drive location rather the //Mac network drive. This is a pretty simple fix.

Generally, when installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader. Since this was not done prior to installing NinjaTrader, you will need to disable the file sharing and reinstall NinjaTrader to ensure that it is correctly pointing to the new Documents location.
    1. Shut down NinjaTrader and Parallels
    2. Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
    3. Press the "Configure" button on the top
    4. Under "Options", select "Sharing"
    5. Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
    6. Press "OK" and start the virtual machine
    After disabling the 'Share Mac' option, we will then need to reinstall NinjaTrader to ensure that it is looking in the proper location for the User Data files.

Please follow the steps listed below to reinstall NinjaTrader.
    • Close all running applications.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
    • Reboot your Parallels
    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below:
    Once you have disabled the 'Share Mac' option and have reinstalled NinjaTrader, the platform will be correctly installed and it is likely that this will alleviate the problem. At any rate, the above steps must be completed before we can troubleshoot this any further. If the message persists after performing all of the above steps, please let me know and I will send you instructions for additional steps that can be taken to troubleshoot the problem.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
    79 responses
    5 likes