X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Logon not working with NT8 and IB API

Hello,

I am experiencing a weird bug.

The Auto Logon function is not working for me.

I've followed the connection guide exactly as describes and installed the recommended and supported IB API version: https://ninjatrader.com/de/ninjatrad...way-981-3i.exe

I am using the latest NT version 8.0.25.0

After I select my IB connection from the connection tab in NT, the IB API starts but it does not fill out my login credentials. Even if i then fill it out manually, NT can't establish a connection (the dot remains yellow) and closes the IB API after a few seconds.

I also tried the recommended TWS version instead of the API. With TWS Ninjatrader does open it and actually fills out the login credentials and does log in, but somehow the dot also remains yellow and it also closes TWS after a few seconds because it can't recognize the TWS connection.

What is even weirder: When I disable the auto logon feature and start the API manually first and then connect to it from NT it all works just fine (besides the visual price glitch i described here).

I also tried the newest (but unsupported) API version directly from interactivebrokers.com. The auto logon feature works perfectly fine there but I'm experiencing other bugs with orders not being able to be modified etc. so that is definitely not a solution.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

I've updated to the newest NinjaTrader Version 8.0.26.1 and now it's working!

Now I have to see if the weird price glitch will occur again.

Comment

Hello km027,

Thank you for writing in.

It appears that you have already resolved this behavior, but I wanted to provide a little more information.

This was a known issue and was addressed in the 8.0.26.0 update to the platform.
      • Click image for larger version

Name:	LT617a.png
Views:	86
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1208307

You may visit the Release Notes page for more information on the other things that have been addressed in the updates:
      You will need to continue posting in the other forum post or wait until a NinjaTrader technician has been able to respond to the direct email you sent in for more information on the other behavior you mention.
      • The subject of this forum post is the "Auto Logon not working with NT8 and IB API" so we would want to keep any additional posts here relevant to the underlying subject at hand.
      Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know this is over a year later and different version of the software, but I am having the same exact situation with the autologon not working. The exact same behaviors as above. Works if I connect to the API or TWS first without autologon, but will either not populate the credentials or will shut down IB after a few seconds and say a connection could not be established.

I am using NT 8.1.1.7 and TWS/API version 10.23.2a

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post burtoninlondon  
        Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
        0 responses