Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very odd problem with Workspace/Strategies tab with new NT8 version

Hi,

I have my strategies tab populated with all my strategies.
    Save the workspace.
    Upon restart NT the strategies are not there any more.
    I tried adding the strategies again, saving workspace, restart, and again, the strategies are not there.
    Repeated the process several times, same problem.
    I tried several things. I opened another workspace, and then switch back to my workspace and then I found my strategies.
    So, now, when starting NT my strategies do not show up, switching to another workspace and back to my workspace, the strategies show up.

Any help/thoughts/ideas?

Thank you

I have only updated to NT8 version 8.0.26.1 Today because my old and trusted version from 5 previous updates (version 8.0.22.2) started to have connection issues with IB. Otherwise I would have not updated simply because every time I update it is messy and it shouldn't be. For starters, you run the installation and the program should keep all your previous settings, connections, etc. Wrong, it wiped out all my settings. Not a big problem, but this is unnecessary and takes time, in the middle of the trading day. I've seen five! updates and chose not to update simple because of this. Some users do not want to be disturbed. If there is an update, great, but should be done in a way that you run the update, and keep using the program without having to go over the initial installation setup all over again.

Comment

Hello bertochi,

Thank you for the message.

When updating the NinjaTrader platform, it shouldn't do anything to your current Workspaces or connection settings.
      • For most users, the process of updating just brings in the new features and fixes and doesn't mess with any of the other settings in the platform

The fact that updating your NinjaTrader platform caused your Account Connections and License Key to be reset may indicate that something else is happening with the underlying files.
      • Again, updating the platform should not remove these settings.

As for the way your Strategies are showing/not showing, I am not aware of any other users reporting this behavior at this time so I would like to take a deeper look at your log and trace files and see if there is any further indication of what is causing these unique unwanted behaviors.

Please use the steps below to send your diagnostic files directly to the Platform Support team so we may take a deeper look into what could be causing this behavior:
      • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
      • Enter your email
      • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN 3650041 "
      • Expand the "Other files" section
      • Check the following boxes:
      • Log and Trace files
      • Workspace and UI Settings
      • Database file
      • Templates
      • Send the message
      Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Message sent to customer support.

Hi Clayton,

1) I have now backed-up and deleted my personal ninjatrader files.
        2) Re-installed NT8, fresh install without my prior folder
        4) I have added a standard strategy that comes with NT8 with a sym account
        5) When I start NT, the strategy does not show up, just like the original problem
        6) The issue is fixed manually by doing either: (a) Closing the workspace and opening it again, then the strategy shows up, or (b) right click anywhere on the screen on the strategy tab and even thought filter by is already selected as all, changing it to "sym" will make it show up
        So, this is a fresh install, without any of my files, only using the files that come with NT and a sym account.
        Thank you

Comment

Hello bertochi,

Thank you for sending us your files.

I wanted to update this forum post in case any other users were also experiencing this behavior and found this post:

It appears that there is a bug with the way Strategies are behaving within NinjaTrader 8.0.26.1 specifically.
          • Known temporary workarounds:
            • Right-click on the Strategies tab > Filter by Account > Select the Sim 101 account
              • You can then switch back to show all accounts and the strategies will remain visible
              • This seems to only show Strategies that were set up and saved while on that specific workspace
            • Close and reopen the workspace
            • Open the other Workspaces where the strategy was initially set up and it will appear on all Workspaces
              • Saving the Workspaces will not save all of the configured strategies to the open/visible Workspace, just the original ones set up on the workspace.

If this is something that is affecting you and your platform, please write into NinjaTrader platform support with your log and trace files using the steps below so we may collect the files for tracking and research, and then we will then provide further instructions directly to address the behavior until we are able to address this in a future update
          • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
            • Enter your email
          • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN 3650041 "
          • Expand the "Other files" section
          • Check the following boxes:
            • Log and Trace files
            • Workspace and UI Settings
            • Database file
            • Templates
          • Send the message
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Clayton,
            Thank you for your reply.
            I have now gone back to the previous "25" NT version where this problem does not happen.
            It is also worth mentioning that you should keep your personal NT folder backup in a safe place before going to V26 because if you want to go back to V25, a message will pop up saying you are already using a newer version of the NT database and going back is not possible and you are forced to reset and lose all your settings. But if you have your backup then this is no problem. So, NinjaTrader 8.0.26.1 uses a different version of the database and is not able to go backwards, be aware.
            Thanks again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post lightsun47  
            Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
            1 response
            0 likes