Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a setting to match stoploss quantity with position size using chart trader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a setting to match stoploss quantity with position size using chart trader?

I don't have targets set in chart trader because my stop size and position size fluctuate regularly and it's easier to only have two fields to update compared to adding and removing targets.

So when I get into a trade I have to change the ATM strat from "custom" to none, then change the quantity, and then place scales.

If one of the scales is hit (closing limits) the stop loss will always have the incorrect number of contracts, and if left unattended will reverse your position if hit.

I feel like there's no way I'm doing this right because what I'm doing is so common for traders.

Please tell me there's a better way to trade via hotkeys and scale without having to deal with this mess.

Edit:
    The only solution I can think of is using custom WPF buttons and just use my own interface but that seems crazy considering ninja is a trading platform, seems silly to need to code my own buttons just to get into trades and scale without leaving myself open for position reversal upon stop out.

Hello WalterSkinner,

To scale out of your position with your 'Active ATM Strategy' selected as opposed to set to None, set your order quantity to the desired value, then submit an order on the opposite side of the market.

When this order is executed, your position will be reduced and stops/targets will be adjusted to account for this change in position size.

I also have a video publicly available at the link below that goes over Scaling In and Out of an Active ATM Strategy.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes