Managing active strategy on weekends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing active strategy on weekends?

I am connected to TWS, and have auto reconnection-lock and exit set at 12:45.
    I have no problem daily auto connect to TWS. System automatically reconnect to TWS during weekdays. But, I have problem on Sundays.
    TWS need manuel connection on sundays. If i miss timing NT8 strategies disable, if i reenable stragies pending orders are cancelling.
    How can i keep my strategies running. I set keepp running 600, but it iss not enough.
    How long i can extend it? increasing to 60.000 can solve the problem when i manually connect?

Hello Murphy67,

Thanks for your post.

Please follow the steps below to set up handling for the IB restart and test to see if you see the same behavior occur.
    • In NinjaTrader, go to Tools > Options >Strategies tab
    • Set ‘On connections loss' > 'Handling' to ‘Keep Running’
    • Set ‘Disconnect delay seconds’ to ‘999’ or enough time to ride out the delay.
    • Go into TWS>File>Global Configuration>Lock and Exit> Set auto-restart time.
    • Allow the auto-restart to occur and note the Log tab of the Control Center in NinjaTrader for errors.
    When re-enabling the strategies you could consider setting the Start Behavior to 'Immediately Submit'.

Immediately Submit automatically submits working orders from when the strategy processed historical data, and assumes the strategy position and account position are where you want it when you enable the strategy. This is typically used to have a strategy resume a position after disabling/enabling. If the strategy already had live orders running, the orders will resume with the new enablement of the strategy if they match the historically calculated orders. If the orders calculated from historical data do not match the live working orders, the live working orders will be cancelled and replaced by those calculated from historical data.

Start Behaviors: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._positions.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you BrandonH.

Great. I will try immediately submit next time...

What is the max second for setting ‘Disconnect delay seconds’. For example 60.000 seconds, works?

Comment

Hello Murphy67,

Thanks for your note.

There is no maximum allowable value that could be used for the 'Disconnect delay seconds' option that I am aware of.

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Balage0922  
        Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
        0 responses