Feature Request: Trading Sessions Ago as oppose to Days To Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Trading Sessions Ago as oppose to Days To Load

When loading charts you can specify Days to load which uses Calendar days to load. This makes setting up charts, market analyzer columns,etc...difficult for US instruments or any others that don't trade on weekends.

If I have a chart set to load 3 days, and its Monday, I will only get Mondays data. If I then set it to 4 days, now I am loading an extra day I normally do not need. Further, if it happens to be a holiday weekend then I have to load 5 days of data to guarantee that I'll have the previous trading sessions data.

If I were to configure things for a fix # of bars this can also be a performance problem for Instruments that do not have data for every minute of a trading day. For US instruments a 1 minute chart will have 390 candles for a normal market data. If it has low volume, it will have less than 390 bars. For some instruments this could result in more than 10 days loaded and can take a lot longer to load the chart.

Feature Request: For smaller time frames like tick, second and minute it would be extremely helpful to have # of sessions to load instead of # of day to load.
    Last edited by ntbone; 06-06-2022, 01:03 AM.

Hello ntbone,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ntbone,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-4396. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Thanks again for your patience!
      Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post bltdavid  
      Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes