Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How Can I Avoid Having To Always Press "F" on my Indicator Panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ninjatrader Team,

Every time I manually scroll my chart up or down then the Indicator panel follows along and scrolls up or down.
    I am constantly have to press "F" on my indicator panels so they return to their correct spot, otherwise, I cannot read them while live trading.
    Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Hello ScottW,

Please note that it is as expected that the F shows in a chart panel after you manually scroll it up or down. Scrolling up or down will change it to a fixed (F) scale instead of an automatic scale. To avoid a fixed scale, you would have to avoid scrolling up or down.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK. But why do indicator panels - separate panels - also have to scroll up or down in unison with my price chart. For example - on charts that have Volume in a separate panel - every time the main chart is scrolled then the volume panel moves. Can you guess how many "extra clicks" this creates? I trade using your Volumetric Chart and I have two separate panels - with delta and volume. The pace is fast and having to always click on the "F" to recenter the delta and volume is a cumbersome feature that interferes with trading. Why would anyone want a delta indicator or volume to scroll in sync with their chart. Why is that an "expected" feature? I love Ninjatrader but this "glitch" is a handicap. What do you think? Why have this as an expected feature? Thank you.

Comment

When you say "every time the main chart is scrolled", can you please tell me what exact steps you take.

Please post a screenshot that shows the entire chart as well after you scrolled the main chart.
        • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
        • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Image 01 - Normal viewing - all is good.
          Image 02 - I have used Up arrow on keyboard to view higher on Y axis. The problem is that the Delta and Volume now require a click on the "F". I am unsure why that is a "good" feature". It requires many more mouse clicks and can become a hinderance when price is moving fast.

Thank you for your interest.
          Attached Files

Comment

This is as expected when you press the up arrow key. It will put all chart panels higher.

You can put 1 chart panel higher as follows.
            • Hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard
            • Click and hold the left mouse button on the right side of the Y-axis in the chart panel
            • Move upwards
            This will only put the chart panel in question higher instead of all chart panels.

Comment

OK. I did not know about Ctrl key just moving 1 panel.
              Thank you again for your support, Jason.

All the best.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
              16 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post z.franck  
              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes