Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BarsArray[0].GetHigh(0) and High[0] values different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, my SA just decide to stop working and attempting to use the VS debugger just froze the OPT and/or Backtest..

So, scanning the forum, it was indicated that the custom project should be erased; Did that and NINJA said it could not find the backup!
    Turns out that even though I had installed NT on my "D:" disk, it insisted on looking at "C:" for the backup...

So, I ran the installer and selected "Repair" and NOTHING changed.

Sooo, I uninstalled NT and reinstalled on the "C:" drive, thinking that would make it happy...
    I opened the script editor and attempted to re-compile my strat and got errors saying 6 support DLL's were not found IN THE "D" DIRECTORIES!!!

Soooo, I got my trusty NotePad++ and found that the config XML file was still pointing to "D" FOR SOME FILES!
    After changing them to "C", I then was able to re-compile BUT, the SA still would not work (and I tried the simple strats supplied with NT); No joy...

NOTE: The data was there...

Many thanks for your help bitdavid, but after wasting HOURS attempting to get the strategy tester to start working again with no success, (and fighting the install inconsistencies), I cannot justify continuing any development in NT as it seems Ninja has just as many "un-documented features" as MC (if not more).

I'm done with Ninja...

Comment

Hello waltS,

From the given details it sounds like you ran into a forum post with some bad information, you should not delete the custom project if you are having problems using the platform.

To fix the install problem here you can use the following steps:
      1. Exit NinjaTrader
      2. Open the documents folder
      3. Rename NinjaTrader 8 to NinjaTrader 8 old
      4. Run the installer, choosing the default install location of C. This will also generate a new user folder.

If you need to reference old data it is in the NinjaTrader 8 old folder.

If you are having trouble with VS in some way I would likely suggest breaking that off into a separate post so we can collect some details and see if that can be resolved.

For the analyzer issue I would suggest testing the SampleMACrossOver any time the analyzer stops giving results or is not working in some way, that script is known to work and is a valid test to check if something in your script is causing an issue or if something is happening in the analyzer. If you see that is not working then you would need to backtrack and find what is not working, for example is the historical data present for the test?

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just a quick thank you for the last NT update... This seems to have addressed the issues I was having and have now successfully made the transition from MC to Ninja with promising back-test results...
        So far so good...
        .... Running my strategies this week with my IB demo account.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post lightsun47  
        Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post 00nevest