Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automate actions on Stop Loss

Hi,
    I am using Stream Deck and AutoHotkey to enter/exit my trades. This helps me also to automate some additional activities eg take a prinscreen of my 3 main monitors when I enter or exit a trade or record a video while I am in a trade etc.
    There is one use case however, I need some help: when my trade hits the stop loss, and because this is not a user-triggered action (ie the user presses a button or a hotkey), I can't figure out how I can add some automation. I thought about having an alert, and action an email which in turn will trigger another action, but I think there is no condition in the alerts related to orders ie stop loss.

Any idea?

Thanks,
    Foti
    Last edited by fotiP; 05-20-2022, 06:18 AM. Reason: Adding tags

Hello Foti,

Thank you for your inquiry.

When you state that you are trying to automate actions on your stop loss, what do you mean more specifically? What actions are you trying to execute when the stop loss is hit?

I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Let's say, take a printscreen of an area covering 3 monitors

Comment

Hello Foti,

Thank you for your reply.

There wouldn't be any conditions available in the Alerts window that would allow you to be able to automatically take a screenshot when an order fills, or anywhere within the UI of NinjaTrader for that matter. Although sending a screenshot of the tab or window is an available as an action within the alerts, there just aren't conditional objects for order submission events. However, it's possible that this is something that could be programmed using NinjaScript. I was able to find a forum thread where a similar topic is discussed;

hi, currently, i would like to take a picture of the trade when it is executed. my problem is how to detect the trade ?? If i was enable this coming indicator, how i check the trade is exeuted or not. ** I not asking here to do me a indicator, i want to ask for the direction on how to work on it. Thank you.

If you are a programmer yourself, you could create a strategy or indicator that automatically takes a screenshot. Otherwise, you'd need to contact a NinjaScript consultant that could create something like this for you. If you'd like a list of NinjaScript consultant in our Ecosystem, please reach out to vendorsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

fotiP and all traders I have an application that I contracted out for development. I own this code right now it captures on demand or on time schedule you can specify the folder so you can do MNQ, MES, M2k Etc. My developer can be contracted out to add event based snapshot he has already done some similar work for me. Another segment of code he wrote is a database logging signals or trades or both.

I do not wish to sell it professionally as it may tag me as trading professional. But if there is a demand I can figure out how to sell it.

The application is multi-screen aware.

What is a reasonable amount to charge, if it costs me less to have coded I can do so. My developer may also have a business license to sell under.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Timed,orEventScreenshot.png
Views:	128
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1202389

Name:	@fotiP-20220522-095532.png
Views:	112
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1202390

Name:	@fotiP-20220522-095541.png