Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Buy/Sell stop limit at certain price with hotkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Mable,

Thanks for your note.

I understand that you want to know what the 'Limit Offset' field is for when creating custom Hot Keys for placing a Stop Limit order.

As previously stated, "The 'Limit Offset' field will allow you to specify how far the Limit Price is offset by the Stop Price by a set number of ticks."

This means that if you set the 'Limit Offset' field to 10 ticks, the Limit Price of the Stop Limit order will be 10 ticks from the Stop Price. This price is not visible on the chart. Only the Stop Price of a Stop Limit order is visible on a chart.

For example, if you submit a Stop Limit order to a Stop Price of 100.00, and your Limit Offset field is set to 10 ticks, the Limit Price of the Stop Limit order would be offset 10 ticks from the Stop Price of 100.00 (100.00 +/- 10 ticks).

If you submit a Stop Limit order to a Stop Price of 100.00, and your Limit Offset field is set to 0 ticks, the Limit Price of the Stop Limit order will be the same price as the Stop Price of the Stop Limit order since you set the Limit Offset to 0 ticks (100.00 +/- 0 ticks).

The stop-limit order becomes a limit order that uses the Limit Price you set based on the 'Limit Offset field' instead of a market order when the stop price is reached.

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon,
      Thank you, understood.
      Marble

Comment

Hello,
        Found this thread and have a related question. If I want to place a Buy Stop Limit using an alert is there a way to set an offset , similar to the HotKey example.
        For example,
        1) Use the 6 EMA as a reference
        2) Create an alert that triggers a Buy Stop Limit that is 20 Ticks above the EMA if price comes within 5 ticks of the 6 EMA
        Thanks​

Comment

Hello MaraAnkh,

Thanks for your note.

Submitting an order from an alert is different than creating a custom order HotKey to submit an order.

To submit an order using an Alert, you would right-click on a chart > select Alerts > choose 'add' in the Actions section of the Alerts window > select Submit an order > and set up the order you want to submit when that alert is triggered.

You cannot reference an indicator when setting up the order via an alert or offset the order price. You would need to enter the exact price at which you want to submit your order.

See this help guide page for more information about submitting orders using an Alert action: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tionProperties

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

FYI, 80% of the links you provide lead to "PAGE NOT FOUND". Can you guys be more cognizant of updating your links (adding "Page Forwards".... ask your web developer to do this)? It is so frustrating when I think I'm going to get a great example and it leads to a Page not found. The comments with links are less than a year old!! It should lead to a dead page.

Comment

I realize the OP is a year old and this thread seems to have veered to another topic, but for anyone looking for a way to configure a hotkey to place an order at the crosshair, Apex Investing sells an indicator that accomplishes this. The main functionality of the addon is different, and is intended for use with their trading system, but the addon comes with an indicator called "order keys" which enables exactly the functionality the OP was asking for.

nb tonydavisonline
              Last edited by tradgrad; 08-28-2023, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Hello tradgrad,

Thanks for your notes.

Currently, there is no feature available for configuring a Hot Key to place an order at the crosshair on the chart.

Our Development team is tracking interest for this feature request in an existing internal feature request ticket. I have added your vote for this feature request. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2386.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes