Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated to newest version, now having platform issues

When I first opened the newest version I received (and still do) a

" 'NinjatTrader.NinjaScript.AddOnBase' from assmbly 'Websocket.Client': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. "

error.

The platform also freezes on occasion when I apply a change to a chart drawing - I have to completely reboot.

Furthermore this morning it froze without applying a change to a drawing, then upon rebooting I received a:

"Login Failed:The IB you are trying to connect to is not authorized to use NinjaTrader."

I rebooted again and that error didn't reappear.

Anyway, it seems the newest update has made things very unstable. I'm not using any intensive indicators to strain the system either. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hello Auchlow,

Can you please go to Control Center-->New-->NinjaScript Editor. Right click in the NinjaScript Editor and select 'References'. Remove the reference for the Websocket.Client.dll file and click OK. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the error persists.

You can experience slow and freezing behavior if you have multiple workspaces, charts, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well. If market volatility increases, the same setup will need more PC resources.

The 'Calculate' setting for indicators and strategies can be important. If set to 'On each tick' or 'On price change', the indicator/strategy will be calculated on each incoming tick or each price change. During high volatility this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator/strategy makes complicated calculations. If you set it to 'On bar close', the indicator/strategy will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

Could it be you have workspaces opened in the background? Please go to Control Center-->Workspaces. If you see a green icon in front of the workspace, it indicates the workspace is opened and displayed on your monitor. If you see a grey icon, the workspace is opened in the background. Meaning you don't see its windows, but it will use PC resources. You can only have 1 workspace display on your monitor at a time. Please close the workspaces running in the background and check if the freezing behavior persists.

You can find more tips and suggestions to improve performance at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes