Chart Not Loading and Software Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Not Loading and Software Freezing

Hi- As soon as I connect to the data, and try to load my workspace, the software freezes. tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but nothing seems to be working.

Hello sjaffer,

Thanks for your post.

This most often seen if the workspace loads a lot of data and has components added that perform more in depth analysis.

We first recommend adjusting your workspace so it is built to be lean. I am including some tips at the end of my post. You can open the workspace before connecting, and you can make the changes to the workspace to make it leaner so when you connect, there is less work which would cause these symptoms.

If you still see issues with a lean workspace, You may want to look into testing copies of the workspace to isolate any specific components. We could help at this point if you share a copy of your lean workspace that still has issues. We can then identify parts that may be still impacting, and we can save a copy of the workspace that excludes 3rd party components.

Workspaces are saved in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces\ folder.

Configuring Efficient Workspaces

The impact NinjaTrader has on your PC will be dependent on how much NinjaTrader has to calculate. For example, having several charts with multiple complex indicators running can cause NinjaTrader to stutter and can encounter freezes. We typically advise the following as tips to improve platform performance.
    1. Configure charts so their Days To Load is an absolute minimum, just enough for your indicators to function properly
    2. Configure indicators to use Calculate.OnBarClose when possible as opposed to Calculate.OnPriceChange and Calculate.OnEachTick.
    3. Use less charts and less complex indicators
    4. Avoid using Tick Replay.
    Various performance tips can be found here — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ance_tips2.htm

Identifying resource intensive components with the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor

You may also wish to use the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor (Control Center > New > Output window > Right click > NinjaScript Utilization Monitor) This tool will tell you which components in your workspace are creating the most impact on your system.

After you leave this utility running, the items on the top will be those that are taking the most CPU time. Reducing/eliminating these items will be bring the most performance improvement. Please note that some NinjaScripts, like ChartStyles, require drawing every visible bar with every render pass. Having a ChartStyle at the top of your utilization Monitor would be normal.

I also suggest to use the Windows Task Manager to view other programs that are using your CPU, and to close resource intensive programs that are taking juice away that NinjaTrader would otherwise be using.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post AaronKoRn  
    Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes