Dotted line connecting entry and exits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dotted line connecting entry and exits

Is there a way to connect entry and exit positions on the chart markers just like the ones in the back testing chart? This would be very useful for someone who trades frequently switching from long to short often as I do sometimes.

Hello Chippy,

Thank you very much for your post.

I am not aware of a current method or third-party script that would connect executions directly on a chart

While this could likely be created as a NinjaScript, I was not able to find any records in our forum or Ecosystem of this having been created yet.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy View Post
      Is there a way to connect entry and exit positions on the chart markers just like the ones in the back testing chart? This would be very useful for someone who trades frequently switching from long to short often as I do sometimes.
      The was a member over at Futures.io who was working on an indicator to do this. I think the members name was "ratfink"

He called it rfkTradeMarks

Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by hedgeplay View Post

The was a member over at Futures.io who was working on an indicator to do this. I think the members name was "ratfink"

He called it rfkTradeMarks

Hedge
        Thanks, I'll check there

Comment

So, you have the code as part of the strategy analyzer but not the other charts? Why is it not a part of the regular charts? See the image below.... red lines indicate losses, green lines indicate profits.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
          Hello Chippy,

Thank you very much for your post.

I am not aware of a current method or third-party script that would connect executions directly on a chart

While this could likely be created as a NinjaScript, I was not able to find any records in our forum or Ecosystem of this having been created yet.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Comment

Hello Chippy,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I would not know why the Product Development Team did not implement this into the chart. I suspect this is because the NinjaTrader platform does not receive information on which orders are part of a trade and relies solely on the updates it receives from the exchange. This means it would be much more difficult to accurately connect entry and exit orders on a live account and in real-time.

During a backtest, the platform is in control of the executions and would have this information.

While it does not yet exist, it might be possible to create this script. If you are interested in creating a custom indicator that would accomplish this or contact a third party that could do this on your behalf, please let us know!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
              Hello Chippy,

I suspect this is because the NinjaTrader platform does not receive information on which orders are part of a trade and relies solely on the updates it receives from the exchange. This means it would be much more difficult to accurately connect entry and exit orders on a live account and in real-time.
              LOL.... So how does NT manage to keep track of my open positions and unrealized P/L in realtime? Then, when I close the position, somehow the Trade Performance magically knows the exact time and price of closing (and opening) the position? Come on.

Comment

Hello Chippy,

PnL as displayed on the Control Center is directly supplied by the brokerage or connection, whereas the live PnL, e.g. on the ChartTrader or SuperDOM is based on the currently open position.

As mentioned, while it is likely possible to create this, I am not aware of it existing yet.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes