Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trying to get futures data from other brokers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get futures data from other brokers?

Hi, I was told its possible to get futures price data from TD Ameritrade but Ninja wont let me type in "/ES" because of the slash character.
    How can I pull it up? thanks

Hello ezrollin,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The TD Ameritrade connection does not support futures data or futures trading in NinjaTrader. It only supports equities (stocks). You may view a breakdown the various asset classes and types of data supported by each connection at the link below;

Please let us know if we may assist you any further in the future.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes, which one is a broker to get free futures data from?
      I signed up for Tradovate but theres no option on Ninja to connect to Tradovate.
      All the others look like you have to pay thanks

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not aware of any brokers that offer free futures data for an unlimited amount of time. Many of them may offer free trials of data for varying periods of time. However, if you have questions about the data fees for a particular broker, you'd need to contact the broker or data provider directly for the most accurate information.

If you'd like to test drive NinjaTrader Continuum data that is used by our own NinjaTrader Brokerage, you may request a free data demo from the link below;

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

This demo will be good for 14 days from the date is requested. Your username and password will be sent to your via email from the email address CQGTrader@<a href="http://cqg.com" t...k">cqg.com</a>. Please search your email inbox and spam folders for this email after requesting the demo.

Once you've received your username and password, you may create your connection using the guide at the link below;

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

When creating the connection, please ensure that 'Demo mode' IS selected, 'Use WebAPI' is NOT selected, and that you have not included any extra spaces or characters in your username and password.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
          Hello ezrollin,

I'm not aware of any brokers that offer free futures data for an unlimited amount of time. Many of them may offer free trials of data for varying periods of time. However, if you have questions about the data fees for a particular broker, you'd need to contact the broker or data provider directly for the most accurate information.

If you'd like to test drive NinjaTrader Continuum data that is used by our own NinjaTrader Brokerage, you may request a free data demo from the link below;

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

This demo will be good for 14 days from the date is requested. Your username and password will be sent to your via email from the email address CQGTrader@<a href="http://cqg.com" t...k">cqg.com</a>. Please search your email inbox and spam folders for this email after requesting the demo.

Once you've received your username and password, you may create your connection using the guide at the link below;

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

When creating the connection, please ensure that 'Demo mode' IS selected, 'Use WebAPI' is NOT selected, and that you have not included any extra spaces or characters in your username and password.

I have used this method many times without success, and the content of the email reminds me that the free data is limited

Comment

Hello lfbxindekaishi,

If the email from our system is mentioning that you've surpassed your limit, then that means that you've already requested a demo in the past 365 days using that email address. If you want to continue demoing the platform, reach out to our Brokerage Sales team and see if there's anything that they can do for you. Their email address is;

brokeragesales(at)ninjatrader(dot)com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM