Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tradestation signals and ninjatrader strategy

Greetings!

I have been reading the various forum posts regarding trading 1 instrument with 2 separate strategies and it appears that this can be done in simulated mode, but not live. For live trading, the best solution is to have 2 separate accounts, Correct?.

I set up the Tradestation email interface and now receive signals and the trades show up on the chart and in the trades log.

Question: For live trading, do I also need 2 separate accounts - 1 for the TradeStation signals and 1 for the NinjaTrader strategy, or can these both operate without conflict from the same account?

Thank you!

Hello Finley,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

I would recommend using two different accounts for both Simulated trades on the Sim101 and added Sim102, as well as for live trades.
    Using the same account and instrument would result in one or both strategy positions being out of sync with the account position.

Below is a link to a forum post that details.

This would be true of two people trading the same account on two computers, two strategies, one person and a strategy, trade station and a strategy, tradestation and a person, or any other situation where there is more than source of order submissions.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Chelsea,

Thanks for the welcome and your response. Wow! That's a nice compilation you put together. Will review and learn. Much appreciated!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post drewski1980  
      Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rdtdale