Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of sync for the order status in Chart Trader

This should be NT 8

In the Chart Trader, there are some order status are not the same as in actual account. I can repeat this. I place a couple of short sell orders from my IRA account in TDA, which was shown on the chart trader, their status is Submitted or Chang pending if I move one of the Order Marker(See the attached picture). Those sell short orders must be rejected by the IRA account. So the order status are out of sync with the account. In fact, after I restart the NT platform, the order log shows those orders are rejected.

Those order marks are always showing on the Chart Trader till I restart the platform.

My question is how can I programmable sync the orders with account, or how to remove those rejected orders from the Chart Trader window.
    Last edited by bibofeng; 04-30-2022, 01:21 PM.

Out of sync for the order status in Chart Trader

Today, 10:31 AM
    In the Chart Trader, there are some order status are not the same as in actual account. I can repeat this. I place a couple of short sell orders from my IRA account in TDA, which was shown on the chart trader, their status is Submitted or Chang pending if I move one of the Order Marker(See the attached picture). Those sell short orders must be rejected by the IRA account. So the order status are out of sync with the account. In fact, after I restart the NT platform, the order log shows those orders are rejected.

Those order marks are always showing on the Chart Trader till I restart the platform.

My question is how can I programmable sync the orders with account, or how to remove those rejected orders from the Chart Trader window.

Comment

Hello bibofeng,

The orders are not having sync issues. These are stuck orders. Orders can get stuck for various reasons, the common being improper OCO use, invalid order types or TIF, attempting to submit orders outside of market hours, or attempting to modify or cancel an order that is not in a working state. These can also get stuck due to brokerage related issues.

To clear the orders:
      If live orders, disconnect from all connections in the Connections menu, then reconnect.
      If Sim101 orders, reset the Sim101.

Disconnecting and reconnecting cannot be done with NinjaScript.
      Resetting the Sim101 cannot be done with NinjaScript.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Chelsea for quick response. Disconnect and reconnect account will change the order state to rejected and the order mark lines are removed from the Chart Trader.

I understand for some reasons, NT does not receive the updated order state signal, so the order status in NT and and real broker account is different. We can always reproduce this error to place sell short order from IRA account, as such order is not allowed and rejected by broker server.

Do you know any sample code to disconnect and connect account? Or are there any sample code to get order status and other inform from a account in broker server, so we can programmatically update order status in NT and remove the incorrect order mark lines in Chart Trader? I know we can get order info such as order id and status from myAccount.Orders objects in the NT side.
        Last edited by bibofeng; 05-01-2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Hello bibofeng,

I cannot provide sample code to disconnect and connect an account as stated in post #3, this cannot be done with NinjaScript.

You cannot update an order status through NinjaScript either. You cannot remove stuck orders from a chart in NinjaScript.

You can get order information from the <Account>.Orders collection or by attaching an event handler method to the ,OrderUpdate event.
          Below are links to the help guide.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM