• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Question on Bar Timer

Hi
    I got the Bar Timer indicator on.
    Recently the text has now become longer to "time remaining 00:00:59"
    So on a 1 minute chart it is way too much text that now goes over other indicators I have.
    How do I remove the text "time remaining" and also reduce the digits to only what is needed for the relevant time frames?
    Or how can I move it from the bottom right of the chart to the bottom left or other places?
    Thanks!

Hello Learner Trader,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The pre-configured Bar Timer is hard-coded so the formatting of the text cannot be changed. However, there are several user-created custom options that you may use instead. Specifically, I think the 'BartimerCounter' available from the User App Share would suit your needs well.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
    Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you for the great advice!

Comment

It worked, thanks Zach.
        Is there also a way I can remove the text on the bottom left "(c) 2022 NinjaTrader, LLC" ?
        I am proud to use your charts, but the text is in the way
        Maybe you guys can reposition it elsewhere
        Thanks!

Comment

Hello Learner Trader,

Thank you for your reply.

This is not currently a way to remove and relocate the copywrite text. However, I am aware of an open feature request with our development team that I'd be happy to add a vote to on your behalf. Would you like me to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

yeh go for it Zach
            tell them we love the charts, but the copyright text is in the way of the price bars and there should be a better place to put the (c) text
            Thanks bro!

Comment

Hello Learner Trader,

Thank you for your reply.

No problem! The tracking ID for this feature request is SFT-504, and I've added a vote on your behalf.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes