Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if my data is up to date.

Hello,

So I was trading this morning and everything was going smoothly, then I went to refresh my data feed. Shut down NT and reopened it. I noticed that the last half of the days bars were different. I tried resetting everything but they wouldn't go back. (Historical data too). At first I thought maybe my data was bad in the first place and now it is fresh but I looked at other traders charts and theirs looked like mine. But now they are different and I'm not sure if my data is bad now.

How to know if you are getting the freshest data that everyone else is getting?
    I currently use 21 days. ES 06-22

Hello gazuby,

Thank you very much for your post.

There are a few reasons why real-time and historical data can differ. E.g. if your provider supplies filtered real-time data, or if you use a non-time-based chart that does not always start at exactly the same tick.

A 100-tick chart for example would rely on starting the historical data at exactly the same tick. If it starts offset, all future candles would then also look differently.

If you suspect the issue might be caused by the platform itself, please send me your log & trace files, I can then best assist further.

You can do this by clicking on Help > Email Support, and leaving the following note before sending it off: "ATTN Manfred 3586169".

Of course, please also let me know should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

gazuby, after your workspace loads and all indicators finish calculating, right click on a chart for menu > Reload All Historical Data. After all charts of that market symbol reload and all indicators finish calculating, do the same for other market symbols. On initial workspace opening, often NinjaTrader does not load all bars of data for all markets, so it is a good practice to manually reload all historical data for each market after initial workspace opening.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rjbtrade1, 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DavidHP
      by DavidHP

Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes