Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Price data is not accurate on chart (slow to print)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price data is not accurate on chart (slow to print)

I'm having a problem with my data feed.
    The chart seems to get behind on printing the actually data (can't go long / short around a price because it's inaccurately displayed on the chart).
    When I disconnect from the data feed price continues to move (like it is catching up and loading all the data that wasn't printed).

I did a fresh install of NT8 and that didn't fix the issue.

Any ideas?

Hello Coffeetrader747,

Thank you for your message.

Rendering Delay occurs on your charts when they are trying to print too much information at once and cannot keep up with the current price. This may become more prevalent on your charts during periods of high volatility and fast market movement. You may also notice your orders filling immediately or being rejected as well as they are submitted to prices nowhere near the current market price. Oftentimes, this is being caused by 3rd-party add-ons that are not efficiently rendering on your charts.

To test for a price delay on your charts, compare the Last Price shown in your Chart to the Ask/Bid in the Chart Trader or the price of the same instrument in a SuperDOM window.

If the prices match, this indicates you are not getting delayed data and that your chart is successfully showing live data. If the prices do not match, this indicates that your chart is experiencing rendering delay, meaning that it is printing too much information due to inefficient indicators or too many objects on your workspace.

NinjaScript Utilization Monitor

If you confirm that your charts are falling behind the current market price, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor to see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of its contents
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Thank you in advance. I look forward to assisting you further.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post burtoninlondon  
    Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes