Difference between Minute Chart with and without Tick Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between Minute Chart with and without Tick Replay

In the image below I loaded the Orange Juice Future with Tick Replay enabled (upper chart) and without Tick Replay (bottom chart).
    As you can see, the red bar in the bottom chart is much larger.
    Why does this happen?
    I deleted all data in the local database and restarted Ninja Trader, but it still happens, so I guess there is nothing wrong on my end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Difference.png
Views:	151
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	1198717

Hello Bobin,

Thank you for your message.

As a quick test, does this difference remain if you right-click on the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'? Is this bar about the time that you either reconnected, altered the chart, or enabled Tick Data?

Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Justin,
      yes, it remains the same if a reload hsitorical data.
      The bar which differes is last thursday and the screenshot is from today. I just started Ninja Trader which automatically opened the chart. I did nothing else. And the data is loaded directly from Continuum because I deleted the local database.

Comment

Hello Bobin,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Let's try removing and redownloading the Historical Data from this instrument once more using the following steps:
        • Disconnect from your Data Provider
        • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Historical Data > Edit window
        • Right-click on the data listed for this instrument and select 'Remove'
        • Restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to your Data Provider for the data to be redownloaded from their servers.

Does the difference remain after following the above steps? Do you see the same odd bar on a new OJ chart as well? I look forward to your response.

Comment

I loaded a new chart and it works.

Why does this happen? When I reload my workspace, then the bar is different again?

I deleted the cache folder (in the same directory than the database folder) and restarted Ninja Trader. Now the workspace works fine too!

This is really strange and should be fixed by Ninja Trader.
          The cache folder can become corrupted VERY easily.
          A friend had some errors too and we found out that his cache-folder was actually 300 GB in size! This is just insane! I don't even know how a cache folder can somehow grow 300 GB.

I think this should be recommended as a standard solution if somebody has some weird behaviour: just delete the cache folder first and restart Ninja Trader.

Comment

Hello Bobin,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, clearing the cache and other data folders will do the same as manually removing the historical data from the Historical Data window. Much like removing the cache or history from a web browser, this re-downloads the data completely from the server which will often resolve odd chart printing behavior. Our team and our advice within the software do not regularly suggest this as every case and computer is different, and we do not want people accidentally removing data they may need without understanding why they might need to first.

If the odd behavior on the bar does reappear though, please let us know, however, you should be all set to go as removing the cache and historical data files removes any data that was recorded during the real-time which was most likely causing this behavior.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post burtoninlondon  
            Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes