Alert when candle and delta(bar) diverges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert when candle and delta(bar) diverges

Is there an easy way to get alert when Green candle formed with negative delta(bar) or Red candle with positive delta(bar)? Part of the footprint volumetric stuff.

Hello flybuzz,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, it would not be possible to create an alert with delta as the basis for one of the conditions, because delta is not accessible as a value from within the 'Conditions' window.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further in the future.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi thank you for the reply. I just noticed I might be able to use the Order Flow cumulative Delta instead. I think the alert has access to that indicator. How can I set it up where if the finished candle is opposite color to the candle in the cumulative Delta? So alert when green candle with red cumulative delta candle or Red candle with Green cumulative delta candle.

Comment

Hello flybuzz,

Thank you for your reply.

You can definitely access the 4 Cumulative Delta plots within the Alerts window. However, there's not a way to create an alert based solely on the color of the candlesticks. You have access to the Delta High, Delta Low, Delta Close, and Delta Open plots as well as the Open, High, Low, and Close plots for the price data. In testing, I was able to find that if I used the settings that I provided in the following screen capture at the link below, I was able to get the desired result.

If you'd like additional guidance, feel free to reach out via email to platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com with 3582904 ATTN Zachary in the subject line, I can provide you with screenshots of each individual window.

Comment

Hi thanks again, I did a quick test with playback connection, it appears to have triggered even before the current bar finishes loading. Is there a way to wait until the current bar finishes before triggering the alarm?

Edit: I just increase the bar from 1 to 2 and 0 to 1, that may be working. Will look at it some more. Thanks!
          Last edited by flybuzz; 04-25-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Hello flybuzz,

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah, with the specs that I initially provided, it would trigger in real-time. Increasing the 'Bars ago' property for each from 1 to 2 and from 0 to 1 should result in the desired behavior.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post burtoninlondon  
            Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes