Can't load chart data, no symbol map defined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't load chart data, no symbol map defined

Hello, I am just getting started with NT8. I have an active connection with Forex.com. I am able to open a chart for "AAPL", but I get an error trying to load any FX chart symbol, "EURUSD" for example. The error is attached, "Error on requesting bars series, 'Could not find market ID for 'EURUSD''", and "There is no symbol map defined for 'EURUSD'".

What does this mean? How do I get forex charts to work?

Attached Files

You might want to login to your Forex.com account on the broker's site and check to see if the account has instrument selections/subscriptions you need there. I had similar errors with FXCM and all that was needed was to login to the account on the broker's site and ensure I had subscribed to the instruments I wanted to access on the site itself. This is not a paid subscription; merely a selection/subscription to receive the instrument data I wanted. Annoying, but simple to do. Worth checking.

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Forex.com is weird, it seems they have independent accounts for web trading, NT, and MT. So there isn't a way to log in to the Forex.com site with my NT account credentials. I have had some success with FXCM as a data source, so perhaps it's a Forex.com issue rather than NT. I'll reach out to them, thanks.

Comment

You could try the web trading login. That's like what I used with FXCM using my demo NT account credentials and it worked. Just a thought.

Thanks.
        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
        jeronymite
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hello dastultz,

Can you please reset your instruments by taking the steps below and check if you load the requested data in the EURUSD forex chart.
          1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
          2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
          3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
          4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
          Does it make a difference if you create a brand new chart for the EURUSD at Control Center-->New-->Chart? In the Instrument selection in the upper left corner of the Data Series menu, please select FOREX-->EURUSD. Configure the Data Series menu as you like and click OK. Check if you now load the requested data.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello dastultz,

Can you please reset your instruments by taking the steps below and check if you load the requested data in the EURUSD forex chart.
            1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
            2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
            3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
            4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
            Does it make a difference if you create a brand new chart for the EURUSD at Control Center-->New-->Chart? In the Instrument selection in the upper left corner of the Data Series menu, please select FOREX-->EURUSD. Configure the Data Series menu as you like and click OK. Check if you now load the requested data.
            I have same issue, my log show "Could not subscribe to market data because there was no symbol map defined for the instrument 'XAUUSD'"

Comment

Hello Tuantran,

Can you please tell me if you refer to the XAUUSD CFD instrument or XAUUSD forex instrument.

To what broker/data feed do you connect in the NinjaTrader platform?
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post lightsun47  
              Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
              1 response
              0 likes