Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to see short borrow locates status in NT from IB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to see short borrow locates status in NT from IB?

Hi,

Does anyone know how you can see the Easy locates status which is in the Interactive Brokers TWS, inside NT.

The locates status is the red, green or dark green Led light in the order panel of TWS, and indicates if the stock has borrowable shares available to short it or not.

So when it's bright green, there are stocks available and you can short no problem.

​​​​​​Dark green means its difficult for locates, and you can place a short order which may or may not get filled, but usually doesn't.
    Red means, don't bother shorting it.

My situation is, I use NT and TWS Gateway.

I am trading from NT only and would love to see the status inside the NT platform.

Thanks

Hello gaz0001,

Thank you very much for your post.

To my knowledge, this information is not provided through the API. This means NinjaTrader would have to assess this on its own, e.g. by basing it on the available volume.

If you are interested in pursuing this further, I would be happy to forward your request to our NinjaScript team, as I suspect it might be possible to create a custom indicator that calculates this value, if it can be calculated based on market data alone.

If you would like further information in this regard, please let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
      Hello gaz0001,

Thank you very much for your post.

To my knowledge, this information is not provided through the API. This means NinjaTrader would have to assess this on its own, e.g. by basing it on the available volume.

If you are interested in pursuing this further, I would be happy to forward your request to our NinjaScript team, as I suspect it might be possible to create a custom indicator that calculates this value, if it can be calculated based on market data alone.

If you would like further information in this regard, please let me know!
      Hi Manfred,

Yes, if you could ask them please.
      ​​​​​​
      In IB there's also a column thst shows "Borrowable Shares" as an integer.
      So maybe the 'LED' doesn't come of the API but the Borrowable Shares column does?

Appreciated.

Comment

Hi gaz0001, thanks for posting. The OnFundamentalData method will return whatever is available from the data connection. See the list of all data points this method can retrieve here:

Each data type is not guaranteed to be available from the connection. I attached a test script that can be used to test the data points that one can get from each instrument type.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL
        Attached Files
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post hazylizard