Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Stoploss: Trigger after Breakeven?

Hi,
    Is it possible to configure an ATM Stoploss strategy such that once the stoploss is set to breakeven, it will then trail?

For Example:
    Once 70 Ticks profit, move stoploss to breakeven
    For every 5 ticks in profit, trail stoploss by 90 ticks

The issue I'm having, is that when I specify a profit trigger of 70 ticks (which is also the breakeven profit trigger), the stoploss is not going to trail until another 70 ticks in profit is hit, which comes after my next profit target. Is there a way around this?

-MHT

Hello MHT,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes, it is possible to have a move to breakeven using the Auto Breakeven feature and then also have the Auto Trail occur after that move to breakeven. Since I'm not sure if I fully understand what you mean with the example you've provided, let me use one of my own design using the values that provided in order to demonstrate how it works. I've included an image of a Stop Strategy that I created at the link below;

https://www.screencast.com/t/GuDKsDHSf

How this Stop Strategy will work is as follows. After 70 ticks in profit, my stop will move from it's original position to breakeven. It will remain at breakeven until 90 ticks of profit are met, at which point my Auto Trail will take effect. Since I have the Stop Loss value of my Auto Trail set to 85 and my Profit Trigger set to 90, my stop will move from breakeven to 5 ticks above breakeven (90 ticks Profit Trigger - 85 ticks Stop Loss offset = 5 ticks above breakeven). Since I have the frequency of the Auto Trail set to 5, my Stop Loss will then adjust by 5 ticks for every 5 additional ticks in profit. Thus, after 95 ticks in profit, it will be at BE+10, at 100 ticks in profit, it will be at BE+15, etc. It is important to the steps to occur sequentially, so my Profit Trigger for the Auto Trail must occur after the Profit Trigger of the Auto Breakeven. Additionally, the Stop cannot be moved backward by the Auto Trail once the Auto Breakeven occurs. You may read more about Stop Strategies and view additional examples at the links below;

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...akevenExamples

Please let me know if you have any questions after reviewing the information above.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 04-19-2022, 02:51 PM.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it! Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post burtoninlondon  
      Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM