Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 No autologon with IB Gateway 981i possible but only with TWS 981i

Hello to the support team,

I recently managed to migrate from NT7 to NT8. I'm using IB and want to use the autologon features especially for using IB Gateway to not have to login once every day. Unfortunatly I cannot login to Gateway from NT8. Instead I get the error: 'Unable to login to IB. Please verify user name / password. (Login failed)' when i use the same username and password and logon from NT8 via TWS 981i I get the login promt and NT8 fills out my username and password and i can login using the two IB security codes. Click image for larger version

Name:	IB Gateway connection failure.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1197912

NT8 conncection configuration for IB Gateway: of course 'myIBusername' is substituted with my real user name.
    and in IB Gateway I set the port to 4001 as well
    Click image for larger version

Name:	NT8 IB 981i gateway connection confguration.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1197914
    I noticed that the connection guide is a bit outdated, as I cannot connect using only IB Gateway without
    turning on SSL encryption which is not mentioned in the guide, and the portnumber in the guide used
    is 4002 for demo instead of 4001 for live accounts
    If I enter my username and password after IB Gateway was started from NT8 i can login to the IB servers
    but no client connection from IB Gateway to NT8 is established.

I can however start IB Gateway, login, get connected to IB and then hit the NT8 IB Gateway connection and
    get connected. But as the app is not able to autologin at the next IB servers restart (which starts around
    6am in the GMT+1 timezone) i guess the connection from NT8 to IB Gateway terminates. At least it did today (18th
    of April 2022), the IB server reset can last several minutes.

Here is the IB TWS connection configuration:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	NT8 IB 981i TWS connection confguration.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1197915

My goal is to use IB Gateway to only have to login once a week if that is possible.
    If I can use an older version - the sticky post from PatrickB mentiones
    Gateway 981g - or simply increase a timeout so I get not disconnected in the morning I could live with
    these workaround as well.
    I look forward to your guidance on how to achive the 'login only once' with IB Gateway .

Thx so much for your helb in advance,
    cbaer

Attached Files

Hello cbaer,

Can you please tell me if you experience the "Unable to login to IB. Please verify user name / password" consistently each time you try to connect this way? Could it be the password was perhaps incorrectly entered under 'Password (optional)'?

Did you get reconnected automatically today?

In addition, please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Att Jason, https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-with-tws-981i
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      1) Yes the problem persistes each time i try to login. Basically I cannot login to Gateway from within NT8. My NT8 version is 8.0.25.0 64-bit. As I said even when I start from within NT and enter the user and password manually I will connect to IB but there is no connection from NT8 to Gateway. The status remains yellow forever.
      2) As I use TWS to be able to trade using the logon / autologon feature, we can only test the reconnect using Gateway when I am able to login to gateway which I am not today. After trading ends today I will try to connect via Gateway and send you the log and trace.
      3) well i enter the same autologon information in the gateway connection like in the 'working' tws connection configuration in NT. And I reentered the passowrd and username several times tto make sure it is not a typo.

Comment

Hi Jason, did you get the log and trace files? I send them to you last week and today (2022-04-25) after IB Gateway had again no client connection to NT8 after the IB server reset. And of course I still can only start TWS from within NT8 as gateway still does not establish a client connection. Is there another version of IB Gateway I could try. What would help to narrow down the cause of the bug? Thx cbaer

Comment

Hello cbaer,

Thank you for your response.

I have not been able to locate any log and trace files for this forum post yet on our system. Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com once more along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post. In your response, please also include 'ATTN Justin' in the subject line so it arrives in my inbox. Please do not upload these files to the forums as they may include personal information and will be removed.
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
          Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 
          Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justion,
            I just send you three emails:
            1) at certain times of the day I loose the price feed (eg. 11:30 EST) when I am connected via TWS
            2) Login and autologin with IB Gateway 981i does not work at all (video attached)
            3) Autologin with TWS works (video attached)
            If nothing helps I will have to switch back to NT7, which is not a solution in the long run
            Thx cbaer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
            5 responses
            1 like
            Last Post jgualdronc  
            Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes