Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled Exception Error When Importing Add-On

When I go to import an add-on, I receive this error:
    "Unhandled exception: Access to the path '..." is denied. Please see attachment for full error.

Please advise. Thanks! Click image for larger version  Name:	NT_Error.PNG Views:	0 Size:	6.3 KB ID:	1197778
    Last edited by kavidock; 04-15-2022, 11:12 AM.

Hello kavidock,

Thank you for your note.

This message is either related to a 3rd party application such as a antivirus or firewall software blocking access to certain NinjaTrader folders.

To test does this message still occur after temporarily turning off any of these programs?

Also this could mean there is write protection on your NinjaTrader 8 documents folder and we may also test by following the steps below:
    • Close NinjaTrader -> Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button--> Control Panel--> Folder Options.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.
    • Next, locate the NinjaTrader 8 folder in the (My) Documents directory--> right click on this folder and select "Properties".
    • From the Folder properties, ensure that the Attributes have both "Read-only" and "Hidden" unchecked.
    • When prompted to Confirm Attribute Changes, please make sure to select "apply changes to this folder, sub-folders and files" and press OK.
    I look forward to your reply.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Spencer,

Thanks for the response. However, I quickly disabled the antivirus and it didn't work. I also tried the next steps and got the same error message.
      To note, I have imported one custom add-on, and it works. However, any add-on I try since then, gives me this error message.

Thanks,
      Kyle

Comment

To add, when the error pops up, it closes all of NinjaTrader automatically.

Comment

I also noticed when I go and uncheck "Read-only" from the Attributes, apply it, and save, when I right click on it and open it up, "Read-only" is checked again...Not sure why that is.

Comment

Hello kavidock,

Thank you for your note.

To test further does the same occur after shutting NinjaTrader down deleting the mentioned folder in the message and then restarting NinjaTrader and attempting to import once more?

Comment

The error message just says the same thing, but instead of "AddOns" it is now the next folder in there, "BarTypes".
              I wonder if I should delete the whole Custom folder, or even the whole "tmp" folder. ???

Comment

Hello kavidock,

Thank you for your note.

I would then recommend deleting the contents of the 'tmp' folder within you NinjaTrader 8 documents folder to test once more. Do not delete the tmp folder itself.

Please do not delete the folders within the bin > Custom folder as these would be your actual add-on files.

The original message is dealing with folders within the 'tmp' folder.

Comment

Hey Spencer,

So deleting the contents of the "tmp" folder appears to have worked. I deleted them, imported. It said successful, but then quickly gave the denied message and closed out. However, when I reopened, the indicator is there and seems to be working fine. I then tried another add-on and it seems the only way I can get it to work is to delete the contents of the tmp folder, then import. Let it error and close, then reopen.

After deleting contents of tmp and importing add-on:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	NT GOOD.PNG
Views:	257
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	1197796

But then quickly got this same message:

Name:	NT BAD.PNG
Views:	244
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1197797

NinjaTrader then auto closes on me. Upon reopening, the add-on is present and appears to work.

However, when trying to add another add-on, I get this:

Name:	NT BAD2.PNG
Views:	241
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	1197798

It appears the only way currently around it is to delete everything in the tmp folder after each import.

Thanks for the help and will continue this way as long as it works.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Taddypole, 04-26-2024, 02:47 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo  
                  Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post futtrader