Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart loading very slow

Hello everyone,

I got a problem the charts are loading when I want to switch a timeframe or whatever 30-60 sec in the fesx and when I choose other markets it loads it in 2 seconds so very good. In fesx I got many many lines so is this the problem or do you know what I had to do to fix this problem ?

Hello preaid,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It sounds like you either have a lot of indicators, drawings, strategies, etc. applied to the chart. This can significantly slow down loading times. The more information that is loaded on the chart, the longer it will take to reload when you switch between different time frames. This is especially true for tick-based charts (second charts are built from tick data), since tick data is much more intensive than time-based data.

I'd like to see if you experience this behavior on a chart that doesn't have a bunch of extra stuff on it. To test this, please star the platform in Safe Mode and open a basic FESX chart with no custom indicators, add-ons, or drawings on it, then switch between different timeframes.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces.
    • Connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies.
    • Getting instrument updates from the server.
    To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    Once you have opened the platform in safe mode:
    • Reconnect to your data provider from the 'Connections' menu
    • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
      • Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.
    Do you experience this problem on a new chart in Safe Mode?
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried it but it was not so good. No difference but the loading from the plattform was fast normally the plattform need 10min because I got many "dublicated charts (point 2 down below). For better view I number the problems.

1. I got the lines "show on all charts" so that mean the lines from last year september,december expire contract are there in the chart. so the lines are accumulating about the months.So in the save mode I saw fesx lines only from the 60min because there I got "show on all charts" the lines from 3minutes etc was away.

2. And I got dublicate the chart opened so 1minute, 3minute, 5minute, 15minute, 60minute,300minute and daily is this what you meant with "This is especially true for tick-based charts (second charts are built from tick data), since tick data is much more intensive than time-based data." ? I dont know what you mean with tick-based charts.

Comment

Hello preaid,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time interpreting your response. If you have a large number of drawing objects on the chart, it's likely that these are contributing to the issue. Drawing objects are scripts just like everything else, and require resources on your PC to function. I'd like to take a look at your workspaces myself.

Please send me your workspaces, log, and trace files via email so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Workspace files and UI settings'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3569349 ATTN Zachary

Comment

how can I send you workspaces,log and trace files ? so I mean how I do this in the email ?

Comment

Hello preaid,

Thank you for your reply.

I provided instructions in my last message. I will provide them again below.

Please send me your workspaces, log, and trace files via email so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Workspace files and UI settings'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3569349 ATTN Zachary

Comment

I sent you the email few minutes ago.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post lightsun47  
              Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM