Checking the time in Ninja Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking the time in Ninja Trader

I feel like sometimes in high volatility that my charts get behind a minute or so. Is there any way other than the time scale on the bottom of the charts to check the time in Ninja Trader?

Hello dtaylor,

Thank you for your message.

Rendering Delay occurs on your charts when they are trying to print too much information at once and cannot keep up with the current price. This may become more prevalent on your charts during periods of high volatility and fast market movement. You may also notice your orders filling immediately or being rejected as well as they are submitted to prices nowhere near the current market price. Oftentimes, this is being caused by 3rd-party add-ons that are not efficiently rendering on your charts.

To test for a price delay on your charts, compare the Last Price shown in your Chart to the Ask/Bid in the Chart Trader or the price of the same instrument in a SuperDOM window.

If the prices match, this indicates you are not getting delayed data and that your chart is successfully showing live data. If the prices do not match, this indicates that your chart is experiencing rendering delay, meaning that it is printing too much information due to inefficient indicators or too many objects on your workspace.

NinjaScript Utilization Monitor

If you confirm that your charts are falling behind the current market price, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor to see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes
    If you see any add-ons, indicators, or objects being created that are using a really high amount of rendering time compared to everything else on your chart (think 5-10x more), they will be the cause of any rendering delay you are experiencing. Try removing these from your chart to see if the delay persists, and reach out to any specific developers if the cause ends up being 3rd-party.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, the biggest hog seems to be the Chart object region. I don't see that in my indicators. Do you know what it is?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello dtaylor,

Thank you for your message.

This indicates that there is something drawing these Regions on your chart causing the rendering delay. You will want to figure out which add-on is drawing all of these regions and troubleshoot it from there, but unfortunately, the Utilization Monitor isn't able to display which one is causing it specifically. It may take some trial and error removing and re-adding indicators on your chart to figure out which one is drawing these regions on your chart.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by dtaylor View Post
          I feel like sometimes in high volatility that my charts get behind a minute or so. Is there any way other than the time scale on the bottom of the charts to check the time in Ninja Trader?
          Use the ChartLagTime indicator here.

It will visually alert you to chart lag events. After download and import into NinjaTrader, "ChartLagTImeV3" will then be on the Indicators list and you can add it to any chart. All charts of the same market symbol will have the same lag, so you only need to add it to one chart per market. It will display text in the chart upper right corner, showing clock time, then chart time, and the difference (lag). When lag is >= 300ms, the text is orange, when >= 1 sec, the text is red. Also, keep your computer clock synchronized with a time server or results will be affected by that variance.

Comment

WOW!!!! Thanks a million for the indicator!!!!!! It's beautiful.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post lightsun47  
            Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post 00nevest