Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts to print an object ?

Hi
    I am try to enable an alert to print a vertical line on the chart when it is triggered ?

The options in Alerts are Play a sound, Share a message, Show a popup dialog and submit an order.
    I am trying to get alerts to Print a vertical line ?

IM not a programmer and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately it would not be possible to draw a line based on an alert condition. The only way to do so would be to use a custom indicator to draw a line based on specific input.

I see that you mentioned you are not a programmer, but depending on which specific alert conditions you use there may be an indicator already available in our publicly available User App Share that suits your needs:

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry I am a bit confused,

Is it impossible to draw say an arrow on a chart depending on an alert condition ? You mention that the only way to do so is to have an indicator on a chart that can read the output from alerts and the draw an arrow ?
      Is there any connection between Alerts output that can be read by an indicator on a chart and output an arrow on the chart?

I looked all through the custom indicators , but couldn't find anything ?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Correct, it would not be possible to draw an object such as an arrow depending on an alert condition without custom programming. The only available alert actions are to play a sound, share a message, display a pop-up message or place an order. If you have programming experience and are interested in creating your own indicator that would cause this behavior, our Indicator Development forum is a great resource for getting started, or you can contact our scripting team directly at ScriptingSupport[at]NinjnaTrader.com.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes