Re

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re

Rectangle drawings won't hold End Time and continues to randomly change to something different on Volume charts. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

Hello cliffc,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify are you placing the ending anchor points in the future (to the right of the last bar)?

If possible please take a screenshot before and after the behavior occurs:
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment to this post.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I will create a rectangle for the week and I have to adjust it on the volume chart every day. So on each Monday morning I create the rectangle drawing and set the end date to Friday 4pm. This is also a shared drawing across all the charts for the symbol. If I don’t use volume charts and only time based charts it’s fine, just volume charts. I could get a screen shot before and after I guess but I’m not sure how that helps.

Comment

Here are screenshots

Comment

Hello cliffc,

Thank you for your reply.

This would be expected when placing anchor points in the 'future' when using non-time based intervals.

Drawing objects require an x (time) and y (price) coordinate on the chart.

When placing drawing object anchors in the future, NinjaTrader must estimate the anchor point.

When the data reaches your drawing object anchor, the width may have changed depending on how accurate the earlier estimate was.

Since Volume Bars are based on number of traded units the time it takes to reach this 'guesstimate' may change due to the volatility of the market and amount of volume.

On the flip side when using time based bars the time it takes to reach this guesstimate is guaranteed as the bars will develop within a set time.

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          166 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80  
          Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
          0 responses
          1 view