Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Halts?

I am using Market Replay.
    • I've made sure i am playing a date and hours I do have data for using Historical Data Window.
    • My Data is Market Replay Data from MES 03-22 which is the same instrument I have in 4 charts (4 different timeframes: 5m, 15m, 60m, 1d)) and goes from 7am to 6:15pm on that day.
    • I start playing it on 5x and it works fine on all timeframes. .
    • Then I move 1x when market is about to open.
    • Then I place an order and try to accelerate to 5x
    • The Chart Halts, nothing is moving in the chart but the clock in the Playback little window is still moving.
    • There is no "Loading" notification in the charts
    • I pause and try to play again and nothing happens.
    I am supposed to use Market Replay like this or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Hello Danilod,

Thank you very much for your post.

As a first step, please confirm you indeed have Market Replay data available, not Historical data.

Market Replay Data is Level 2-based data provided by NinjaTrader itself, going back 3 months. This is essentially real-time recorded and replayed data, and would produce the most realistic recreation of this day.

Historical Data, on the other hand, is the same data your chart loads to fill historical candles. This would not include historical Level 2 data and is generally less accurate, as fewer data points exist.

If you have only downloaded Historical Data, and attempt to replay it as Market Replay, nothing would happen, as you may only use one or the other data type.

To confirm you indeed have the market replay data available, please switch to the "Load" tab in the Historical Data window, unfold the "Market Replay" option and ensure the MES 03-22 instrument has data for this timeframe.

If this data is available, you should then be able to replay it using the Market Replay option. To download more data, please select the "Get market replay data" category in the "Load" tab of the Historical Data window.

Please also know that market replay data is instrument specific. This means that you need to select the correct expiration for the time you wish to replay. The MES 03-22, for example, would not have any data in April as the instrument is no longer being traded.

Should you still encounter any issues, or if you have further questions, please let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ManFred, yes I confirm I am using Market Replay and the data I have is market replay for the same instrument. See Attached. If I fast forward using the timeline charts move to that time but when I click play nothing is moving even on 10x. Thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-07 064509.png
Views:	64
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1196852

Comment

Hello Danilod,

Thank you very much for the attached screenshot.

Looking at the screenshot, I would indeed expect the market replay data to be available and replay without issues.

I'd like to take a closer look at your platform's log & trace files, as I suspect an error might be reported that gives us an indication of why you don't see the charted data.

As these files can contain personal information, please send them to me through the platform directly.

You can do this by clicking on Help > Email Support. Please also add the following note to your ticket, we can then associate it with this post:

ATTN Manfred 3561091

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sent. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rehmans
          by rehmans