Account Orders and Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Orders and Positions

How do I view on a chart my historical real broker account orders and positions? (I don't mean strategy backtesting positions) I mean the actual traded positions in my broker account.
    Thank you.

Hello designer01,

Thank you for your message.

Plot Executions, which display markers for previous trades on your chart, will only appear on your for orders placed locally on your machine for the selected account in the Chart Trader. For a more accurate view of your previous trades, I recommend using the Trade Performance window instead which I have outlined below for your reference.

Plot Executions

To edit, remove, and display order information on your Chart, do the following:
    • Right-click in your Chart > select 'Data Series'
    • On the right, scroll down to the 'Plot Executions' property
    • Here you will be able to select how you would like to display order information on your Chart: 'Do not plot', 'Text and Marker', 'Marker only'
    • Click 'OK' to save and apply
    If you would like this setting to be applied automatically to future charts you create, select 'preset > save' at the bottom of the Data Series window.

More information on Price Data parameters may be read in our Help Guide linked below.

Charts — Working With Price Data

Trade Performance Overview (Control Center > New > Trade Performance)

The Trade Performance window will allow you to generate fully customized and filtered reports of your platform's trading history.

To generate a report, select a Performance Display type using the drop-down at the top left, a date range at the top right, and then click the 'Generate' button. The 'Filter' button next to the Display drop-down as will allow you to customize which Accounts, Instruments, and Templates are included in your performance report.

Please keep in mind that these reports may be calculated differently than how your broker does it and should only be used as a secondary source to your broker's statement.

Additional information on the Trade Performance window may be viewed at our Help Guide and publicly available YouTube Channel linked below:
    Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin, I followed the Plot Executions instructions above but still not showing when having selected either 'Text and Marker', or 'Marker only'. These were trades executed automatically with the strategy enabled and having the Chart Trader on the chart at the time of trading. Are you saying that Plot Executions will only show trades performed manually on Chart Trader?
      Last edited by designer01; 03-31-2022, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Hello designer01,

Thank you for your response.

So long as you have the same account and instrument selected in this window, your previous trades should appear in the Chart regardless of whether they were submitted manually or with a strategy enabled. Just to confirm, were these trades placed on this computer and installation?

Comment

Yes they were place in same computer same broker account. Trades were showing on the chart when placed. When I reconnected to Interactive Brokers later in the day they are no longer showing, I am still connected to IB. Does it have to be the same chart where placed?

Comment

Hello designer01,

Thank you for your response.

As long as it is the same instrument and account, you shouldn't have any issue viewing them. I'd like to take a closer look to see if I am able to view these Plot Executions on my own platform.

Please write in to our Platform Support team directly through NinjaTrader 8 by going to the Control Center > Help > Email Support window. Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'. In your response, please also include 'ATTN Justin' in the subject line so it arrives in my inbox. Please do not upload these files to the forums as they may include personal information and will be removed.

Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 

Comment

I think it has to be the same chart template as the original chart template where the trades were placed. I opened a new chart it was not showing the trades until I uploaded the same template as my original trades chart. Don't ask me why. I just have to keep that in mind.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post FAQtrader  
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse