Charts not updating after scrolling in market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not updating after scrolling in market replay

I have a strategy I'm working on that just trades the first 2 minutes after the market opens.
    When I use market replay, I find that if I select a range of 5 dates and when I scroll from one date to the next, then hit the play button, it stops updating the data on the chart and the strategy doesn't take positions.
    I can see the price changing on the bid/ask under the chartrader, but nothing updates on the charts.

Please fix.

Hello AnotherWorkingHomeless,

Thank you very much for your post.

By default, NinjaTrader will only replay data from the currently selected time. This ensures that you do not have to wait for the market replay to load historical data.

You can change this behavior by right-clicking the Playback window. This would offer three different options:

Click image for larger version

Name:	playback.png
Views:	370
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1195998
    • Playback current day: Only the current day will be played back from Market Replay when dragging the slider between multiple days, for past days historical data would be loaded.
    • Playback from selected: All historical data is loaded from historical data and Market Replay data is only used going forward. This is the fastest and default mode. This mode is sufficient when there are no NinjaScripts that need the sequence of events for each historical tick.
    • Playback from start: Market Replay data is played back for every day between the start point of the slider and the end point of the slider. This will be slower as NinjaTrader must process more data but is useful when you are backtesting a strategy in playback.
    Should you have any further questions in this regard, please don't hesitate to let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
    4 responses