Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why doe NT8 always crash or lock up when I'm trading an important account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doe NT8 always crash or lock up when I'm trading an important account?

It really is hilarious. I'll my strategy on/enabled and when it executes an order when conditions are met, this thing will literally just freeze up, or turn orange, or some other bizarre issue will occur.
    I seriously don't understand it.
    This program has cost me thousands of dollars in losses and sleepless nights due it being so freaking buggy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	assertionfailed.png
Views:	643
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1195713
    Last edited by MatthewLesko; 03-29-2022, 09:06 AM.

Hello MatthewLesko,

Thank you for writing in.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

Have you written directly to Platform Support about this issue/behavior before? If yes, what is the ticket number that was assigned to the email?

Do these messages only appear when you are using a 3rd party NinjaScript Strategy to place your orders or does this also happen when you manually place orders?

Did you create this NinjaScript Strategy yourself or did you get it from a 3rd party developer?
    • If you created this NinjaScript Strategy yourself, please let us know so we may connect you with the NinjaScripting Support team for more information
    • If you got this NinjaScript Strategy from a 3rd party developer, please reach out to them directly and ask them why the NinjaScript Generates an error and freezes the platform when an order is modified by their NinjaScript Strategy

If you would like for us to provide more specific information on this error message and what could be causing it, please use the steps below to send us your Log and Trace files directly so we may provide more detailed information:
    • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
    • Enter your email
    • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN 3548294"
    • Check the Log and Trace files box
    • Send the message
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It’s just one error it doesn’t always come up.
      the issue is that suddenly today whenever my strat kicks on a trade the chart just freezes.
      The control center is not frozen but the chart is. so it just enters trade and bow it is a live trade and I have to go into rithmic trader to close it.
      Ive rebooted my computer and the issue just happened again. it just instantly freezes as soon as strategy kicks on. however manual trades it does not.

Comment

I closed the instrument/chart tabs and opened a new one and re-added my strategy to it, then it seemed to kick off without freezing.
        What would be causing this that i have to remove an instrument/chat and then re-add it back to fix issues?

Comment

Hello MatthewLesko,

Thank you for the messages.

Imagine NinjaTrader is a Ford Truck and your NinjaScript Strategy is a Stereo you bought from Sony to put into the truck.
          • If you put the Stereo into the Ford Truck, you do not reach out to Ford to ask them why the stereo isn't working
          • You would reach out to Sony to ask them why the Stereo you got from them is not working in the truck you put it in.
          Please remember that the NinjaTrader Platform Support Team only has documentation on the NinjaTrader platform and the indicators, windows, and settings that come installed by default.
          • Any time you bring something into the platform that wasn't there when NinjaTrader was installed, it is a 3rd party add-on or NinjaScript
          • NinjaTrader only has documentation on the process to Import or Remove a NinjaScript
          • Since there are thousands of 3rd party Developers and NinjaScripts and new ones being made every day, NinjaTrader has no documentation on what those NinjaScripts are, how they need to be set up, what their settings do, or why they would cause a specific thing to happen.
          • Only the Developers and people who wrote those NinjaScripts and Software will have documentation on how their product works and be able to provide further information on how to set up and use it

You mentioned that this doesn't happen when you manually place the orders.

You mention that this only happens when the 3rd party NinjaScript Strategy developed by another company/developer is placing the orders on your behalf.

Please reach out to the developer of your NinjaScript Strategy and ask them why this message is appearing, why it is behaving this way, and what needs to be done to resolve the behavior going forward.

Comment

I understand the analogy and assumption but I've had the 3rd party strategy for over a year.
            In the past couple months NinjaTrader software has been deteriorating with issues that have resulted in me having to reset DB, upgrade and other troubshooting/repair related steps.
            I've had lock-ups from manual trades too in the past. It was just today that strategy was freezing but not manual trades.

This freezing when Strategy kicks off has never happened so I would say it's a symptom of something with the application handling the strategy that uses a simple indicator.
            I just noticed too that I closed the tabs of the instruments and made a new one, attached strategy to that and the issue did not happen.

Comment

Hello MatthewLesko,

Thank you for the reply.

Our recommendation would be to suspend the use of this NinjaScript Strategy until you reach out to the developer to troubleshoot the errors that are appearing when you use it.
              • If the behaviors continue to happen without the NinjaScript Strategy being used, then that means we have to look further.
              • If they only happen once the 3rd party NinjaScript Strategy is activated, you will have to reach out to the developers for more information on why this is happening.

​​​​​​​Also, it sounds like you may be having Rendering Delays which could be causing things to lock up, slow down, or freeze.

Please use the steps below to see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
              https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...izationMonitor
              • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
              • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
              • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
              • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
                • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
                • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
                • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
                • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
                • Please click here for a video demonstration

As well, for us to provide more detailed information on what could be happening with your platform, we would need to analyze your log and trace files specifically to see if there is any further indication of why things are happening.

If you would like for us to provide more specific information on this error message and what could be causing it, please use the steps below to send us your Log and Trace files directly to platform support so we may provide more detailed information:
              • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
              • Enter your email
              • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN 3548294"
              • Check the Log and Trace files box
              • Send the message

Comment

Is there a way to just completely blow out the software and reinstall fresh/from scratch? It may be best to try this and reinstall my indicators to try again Incan’t afford to troibleshoot if its not looking like this is going to warrant some patch or other fix if nothing had changed with my indicators or strategies.
                Or what else can I delete/clear out?

Comment

Hello MatthewLesko,

Thank you for the follow up message.

Please follow the steps listed below to reinstall a fresh copy of NinjaTrader without any of the prior settings:
                  • Close all running applications.
                  • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
                  • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                  • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
                  • Reboot your PC.
                  • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below:

From here, you will be ready to re-enter your License Key, set up the connection, and continue using NinjaTrader.
                  If you haven't already, I suggest reading through the following help guide article before you begin rebuilding your workspace to ensure you are using as many optimizing tips and suggestions as possible:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                  Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes