Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI Generate (Experimental) - Viewing previously generated strategies

Hi there,

I'm trying to view the code of previously generated AI strategies, there is no view button from the Strategy Analyser and Strategy builder does not show those AI generated Strategies in the drop down....

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hello TradingAssassin,

Thanks for your message.

After running the AI Generate session, you can click the View button in the Strategy Analyzer Results grid to see the source code. This source code can then be implemented in a new NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor. AI Generate strategy logic cannot be copied into a Strategy Builder strategy, because we are working with unlocked code.

After the code is implemented in a new NinjaScript strategy, it will be listed in the Strategies drop down.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,

Thanks, but I think that reply only applies if I immediately access the 'Strategy Analyzer Results' grid - ie I cannot see this for a previously generated AI result which appears in the drop down list of Strategy Analyzer strategies, but without any visible 'View' button?

Cheers,

****on

Comment

Hello ****on,

Generated strategies will need to be saved or implemented in a new strategy in order to list in the Strategy drop down menu of the Strategy Analyzer.

For example, if you click "View" in the Strategy Analyzer after running AI Generate: a NinjaScript Editor wwindow will be open that views the generated code. This strategy is not yet saved so it can be re-opened or used later.

If you then press F5 in the NinjaScript Editor window, it saves the generated strategy as AutoStrategy, AutoStrategy1, AutoStrategy2, etc. and compiles all custom NinjaScripts.

Since pressing F5 saves the scripts before they are compiled, the generated strategy would be saved as source code and could be accessed in a NinjaScript Editor window if you wanted to make changes later on. (Control Center > New > NinjaScript Editor)

AI generate just produces code, and does not produce the parts needed for the Strategy Builder. (All strategies generated are "unlocked" code so they must be edited in the NinjaScript Editor, and the cannot be edited in the Strategy Builder.)
        Attached Files
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok that's great Jim thanks,

I can see the code in the Ninja Script Editor

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
          4 responses