general question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

general question

I currently use NT in a futures account. Is there a way to use NT just as charting software and not futures exeuction/routing software?

Hello nepenthean,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, you can use NinjaTrader just for charting, and for Sim trading as well. This is possible without even purchasing the platform.

If you use the SIM license key (included below) you can connect to your account to receive data and use the platform for charting and Sim trading.
    • @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952
    License keys are added in the Control Center's Help > License menu.

A live license key would be required to route live orders, but you can still use the Sim101 account for sim trading as well as NinjaTrader's charting functionality.

To connect to your account to use your account data in NinjaTrader, please see our Connection Guides for connecting to various brokerage technologies

Connection Guides - https://ninjatrader.com/Help-Connection-Guides

If you want to look at market data provider services, you may wish to reference our Data By Provider grid to see what different data providers are available that could be considered for sim trading and charting.

Data By Provider - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Let us know if you have any additional/specific questions.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Right now I have a live futures account. I pay for continuum data every month. If I no longer wish to execute through NT and just use it for charting, will CGQ provide only EOD data? I do have a live license.

Thanks

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

NinjaTrader will not stop you from pulling in data - the data enablements from the account would be what you set up with the account.

Accounts generally will need to be active and funded with a minimum in order to access them and receive the market data.

If the account is active, funded and you pay for data, you should be able to receive that data once you are logged in.

To access CQG accounts in NinjaTrader, they will need to be enabled to use NinjaTrader.

These questions also may be confirmed with your broker and how they offer data and how they allow access in other platforms.

I hope this helps!
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader  
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
        0 responses