Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 freezing

Hello,

I'm running into an issue where one chart in my workspace will get stuck in "Calculating." I monitor 3 instruments in this workspace and the specific chart that freezes varies after killing Ninja and restarting.

The only way to get out of this is to force Ninja to quit via Task Manager. Because the workspace is open, however, it tries to open the same workspace again and the issue starts all over again.

Is there a way to get Ninja to stop trying to open the workspace at startup? I don't think booting in Safe Mode will do anything since the next time I try a regular startup, the problem workspace will try to load again.

I suspect the issue is related to an indicator (I have 2 suspects).

Hello 12VMan,

Please use the steps I have provided below to move the workspace you think may be corrupt:
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Documents
    • NinjaTrader 8
    • Workspaces
    • Select the workspace and move to another location on your PC such as your Desktop
    • Delete the "_Workspaces.xml" file
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    Next open a new chart with no template attached then apply your indicators one at a time to narrow down if there is specific indicator causing the issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also experience same issue everyday, I am monitoring 6 charts with cumulative tick delta indicator so may be it is not able to handle large memory requirement. To be clear everything else on my computer is working, so it is not the computer issue. It i sjust that NinjaTrader 8 is yet not good in managing higher memory usage charts. Any fix or support will be really appreciated

Comment

In most cases the issue is due to amount of workspaces open, amount of data being calculated or something within the workspace taking up to much resources on a PC which then causes lagging/latency issues.

Please right click in your chart(s) and verify the days you currently have set for "Days to load". If possible can you reduce this value to the minimum amount of data you require then restart NinjaTrader and let me know if you continue to see the same behavior.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To control workspace startup, use the attached Workspace Startup Tool.
          Attached Files

Comment

When a chart fails to load correctly, if you saved a template for that chart you can close just that one chart stuck "calculating" or "Loading", leaving the rest of the workspace open, then create a new chart and apply the original chart template. That usually solves the problem. Also, depending on the chart data series settings and the scripts running, a chart can display "calculating" for a long time. It may really be calculating and not stuck, so as part of troubleshooting, first give the chart plenty of time to complete calculating to see if that is the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DanielTynera  
            Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post yertle