Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automatically keep chart in its current scale and when new OCO orders are accepted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatically keep chart in its current scale and when new OCO orders are accepted?

Hello Friends,

Is there a way to retain the chart's scale/proportion/zoom levels when an OCO order is entered for which prices are outside the visible chart window?

When my OCOs are accepted, due to their large range, the chart automatically tries to "fit in" the orders in ChartTrader and changes the scale, fitting in the orders but then squishing the price chart.

I know I can manually play with the zoom/scale/pan using the mouse on the right and bottom messages but my orders are entered through ninjascript.

So I am wondering if there is a way to automatically keep the chart in its current scale and when the orders are accepted, if their values are outside of the chart's range they're simply not visible instead of re-scaling the chart?

Thank you kindly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1194342

Comment

Hello focus333,

To change this setting enable the Chart Trader panel->Right click in the Chart Trader panel->Properties->Disable "Auto scale" then click Ok.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        Hello focus333,

To change this setting enable the Chart Trader panel->Right click in the Chart Trader panel->Properties->Disable "Auto scale" then click Ok.
        Thanks NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ for the suggestion. In that case I have seen when the price moves to one extreme or the other going forward you might not be able to see it because you have disabled auto scale. Maybe a feature request to keep only price auto scaled and not orders?
        Cheers.

Comment

The Auto Scale setting within the Chart Trader Properties is a separate setting that only applies to orders being displayed and does not affect the actual chart panel when set to Fixed or Auto Scale.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The Auto Scale setting within the Chart Trader Properties is a separate setting that only applies to orders being displayed and does not affect the actual chart panel when set to Fixed or Auto Scale.
            Thanks for clarifying that.

Comment

Hello focus333,

I thank you kindly for your answer, applying it now. I am sure it will do the trick.

Also, I want to say thank you to all the staff and members in this forum that participate. It is really a great place to learn and I have been impressed with Ninjatrader's fast responses and quality replies. Blessings.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ryjoga
              by ryjoga

Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes