Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator options somehow are cached and option value is overwritten

Hello forum,

I am using a custom indicator which behaves somehow strange to me and I cannot find the reason for this.

I open a completely new chart with the + sign on the bottom. I choose to add the indicator "ABC123" and on the right side in the "Properties" area I see all available and adjustable options for this indicator. While the indicator is added to the bottom left window area called "Configured" in this open "Indicators" window, I see for a split second how the option "Example = 5" is showed as shaded gray on the right area "Properties", but then appears with the value "Example = 10". The indicator itself has been developed with the default value 5, this is also what it says in the NinjaScript editor. Now I don't understand where NT8 got the value 10 from. Of course I surely used it at some point, but why does NT8 store this value and where? Was it cached somewhere, in some chart template, possibly used as default and thus overwrites the default value from the indicator itself?

Even if I restart NT8 and load a completely new instrument that has never been used, this behavior happens. The default value for this indicator is not used but overwritten with another value.

Where and how does NT8 cache and how can I check and reset this behavior? I want NT8 to use the default value that was also programmed for this indicator.

thanks to all in advance.
    Patricia

Hello Patricia,

Can you please set Period to 5 for the indicator in the Indicator menu. Then click template-->save in the lower right corner. Click 'Save as Default' in the new window that opens up. If you now add the indicator again in a chart, does it have a value of 5 selected for Period?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason. Yes, indeed. Looks like those stuff is saved in the default chart setting. How can I bypass this?

Comment

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Indicator. There should be a folder with the name of the indicator. Open the folder and delete the Default.xml file.

If you are asking how to bypass this programmatically, please create a new post under 'NinjaTrader 8 - Indicator Development'.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Jonker
        by Jonker

Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM