Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulk transpose drawing objects

Hi,

Is there any way to move multiple drawing objects in bulk?
    Concretely, in my ES March 2022 contract, I had over 200 lines drawn.
    To align them with the new ES June 2022 contract, I had to manually move them 8 points, which was a very painful undertaking as you may imagine...
    (when rolling over to the new contract, the bars are updated to the new contract, but the drawings are not)
    In case this option is not available, I would beg you to include this transpose option, just like you can already 'lock' or 'auto-scale' multiple drawing objects at once.
    That one feature would enable me to update all of my drawings to a new contract in a matter of 1 mouse click, instead of 3.5 hours...
    I could imagine this to be helpful for many others as well.

Thanks in advance.

Hello matomic,

Thank you for your post.

What you are seeing is that the anchor points of the drawing object are transposed to the offset value of the new contract from the old one. Currently, there is not a way to automatically adjust the objects to consider this offset during a roll over. With that said, we do have an existing feature request and I will add a vote to this request on your behalf.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2443. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Zachary. In anticipation of any developments, could you advise me on any workarounds that could speed up the migration from one contract to the next? Also, what do you mean exactly with 'What you are seeing is that the anchor points of the drawing object are transposed to the offset value of the new contract from the old one.' and where do i see this?
      Thanks.

Comment

Hello matomic,

Thank you for your reply.

By default, NinjaTrader will back adjust historical data on an offset to account for the price difference between the 2 contracts. This is the cause of what you are noticing. The historical data shifted but the drawing objects remained anchored to the same part of the chart.

I don't really have a workaround, aside from changing the Global Merge Policy to 'Merge Non-Back Adjusted' so that they historical data is not offset to account for the difference between the 2 contracts. You can do this by going to Tools > Options > Market Data > Merge Policy. You may read more about the Merge Policy at the link below;

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post Anfedport  
        Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes